Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO no 7 day cloud recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LitleJoe
Star
Star

I got the essential camera, you can not record to the cloud for the 7 days like you can with the PRO's cameras unless you subscribe to it. ARLO was nice at first until they started changing things up. I am so tired of having to verify my computer on logging in... I can just get off, within 5 minutes of logging back in it has to send a code to my phone so i can enter it on the computer and then click TRUST....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I was just on it!!!!! It's not everytime i log off but this is getting annoying. I will be transitioning to another system to get away from this non-sense that ARLO has started.  I got a three pack of the essential camera and after the 3 month trial period it all goes away.. only view live feed. I am not spending $10 ($9.99) PER camera just to have it record. Going back to a DVR system. Enough of this non-sense.

VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LitleJoe wrote:

I got the essential camera, you can not record to the cloud for the 7 days like you can with the PRO's cameras unless you subscribe to it.

FWIW, Arlo dropped 7-day free cloud recordings for new cameras in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).

@LitleJoe wrote:

I am not spending $10 ($9.99) PER camera just to have it record.

I understand that you really want free - but I do feel I should correct your pricing info for others who might read this.

Current US pricing for Arlo Secure is $9.99 for all your cameras (no limit).  Not per-camera.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LitleJoe wrote:

I got the essential camera, you can not record to the cloud for the 7 days like you can with the PRO's cameras unless you subscribe to it.

FWIW, Arlo dropped 7-day free cloud recordings for new cameras in 2018 (starting with the Ultra).

@LitleJoe wrote:

I am not spending $10 ($9.99) PER camera just to have it record.

I understand that you really want free - but I do feel I should correct your pricing info for others who might read this.

Current US pricing for Arlo Secure is $9.99 for all your cameras (no limit).  Not per-camera.