Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Chabina
Initiate
Initiate
I'm setting up a new camera (1st of 2) using the app on a android device. I'm able to sync the camera but when I try to name it I get an "internal error" and can't contine. I've tried restarting the phone & uninstall & reinstall the app. I was able to do it before but when I deleted the device & tried to re-add it I got the error. Any ideas?
62 REPLIES 62
SnowQueen
Guide
Guide

Thank you StephenB- I will try to set them up tomorrow on my pc- I’m thankful I still have a pc . This method is not sustainable in todays tech world. If you have any recommendations on the set up process on pc - I would truly appreciate it.

Naveenkumarg1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought new arlo cams. Iam getting same internal error while entering name

Tbsblaze
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! This factory reset worked for my 4 cameras.

SnowQueen
Guide
Guide

How did you accomplish a factory reset

Tbsblaze
Aspirant
Aspirant

sync button. 15 seconds. amber blinks.. restart sync process.

SnowQueen
Guide
Guide

I did the reset and got the amber lights. Went back in to pair cameras and still got the internal error after naming the cameras. I was on the chat help for an hour and they basically did nothing. They wanted me to subscribe to their service in order for me to actually speak to a person.

Tbsblaze
Aspirant
Aspirant

Idk from here.. one of the Arlo people gave a link to reset.. second page toward the bottom.. I follow those instructions got blue blinky lights Amber Blinky lights set it down for 45 seconds re-sync and they worked.. you might have a true refab though and might have to send it back for a new one.

jrrynwmn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, finally got it to work. Tried the reset several times with no luck on pc or phone. Read the post where they waited 45 seconds after the reset (held reset, it blinked orange 3 times after about 8 seconds, continued to hold until first blue blink and let it go, maybe at about 15 seconds or so, then set it down for about 45-60 seconds, it kept blinking blue, then pointed it at the Square thing on my phone screen and it finally worked

SnowQueen
Guide
Guide

I 2nd Arlo poor customer support. I couldn’t get my pro4 cameras to pair even after 3 customer support sessions. What system would you get that doesn’t need to be hard wired?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved with the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. Please make sure to download the latest version of the app from the app store and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Also
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me thank you. Keep holding the button down even after amber until it flashed blue. Don't let go just after amber. Was so smooth after that

Trieck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have same issue with indoor cam.

'ArloNetwoirking.ServerResponseError'

Have tried multiple times, with names, networks on/off etc.

Same error occur.

Have you released the latest version in central Europe?

Denmark?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trieck,

Firmware versions and device behavior in EU may be different than what is being discussed on these community boards. I encourage you to reach out to EU support using the Arlo mobile app under Settings > Support to further investigate.

JamesC