Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Internal error while naming camera

Discussion stats
Chabina
Initiate
Initiate
I'm setting up a new camera (1st of 2) using the app on a android device. I'm able to sync the camera but when I try to name it I get an "internal error" and can't contine. I've tried restarting the phone & uninstall & reinstall the app. I was able to do it before but when I deleted the device & tried to re-add it I got the error. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved with the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. Please make sure to download the latest version of the app from the app store and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there something unusual in the name you are using?

Chabina
Initiate
Initiate
No... driveway
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe try adding the camera with my.arlo.com with a PC browser.

Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
Having same issues. Did you get any answers?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frustratedgail,

Do you see the same behavior if you try to add the camera using the web client?

JamesC

Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
I've tried different browsers, and wifi networks. Same results. App finds camera but get" internal error " when trying to name it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try onboarding the camera without adjusting the name. Does it allow the camera to come online?

JamesC

Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
App will not allow me to continue unless I name camera.
Screenshot_20211011-164239_Arlo.jpg
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Firefighter1828,

I will send you a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Flahekm
Tutor
Tutor
Same thing for me. I cannot name my first camera anything without getting the Internal Error message
Michaelvr
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue. Any workaround to fix this issue?
Flahekm
Tutor
Tutor
After a couple of chats with tech support, we established that my unit was refurbished, so the Arlo team had to wipe the old unit completely to remove the previous owner's registration. Once they did this, it installed immediately. Not sure if yours is refurbed, but you may want to get in touch with tech support either way
Michaelvr
Tutor
Tutor
After 3 days sending emails and contacting arlo support i didn't receive any response from them. Really disappointed.
Flahekm
Tutor
Tutor
I never received any response to my emails either. I found success in going through the support chat feature inside the Arlo app..... they were very responsive there
Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
What did you have to do to get past internal error while naming camera?
Flahekm
Tutor
Tutor
Nothing was working that I tried or was told to try. The community manager never reached out or replied either, so I contacted tech support directly through the chat in the Arlo app. Once we figured out that my device was a refurb, the techs had to wipe my device to remove the previous registration info. Once tech support did that, I did not get the Internal Error message again. Do you know if your device is a refurb?
Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
I do not know. This is a replacement they sent me.
Flahekm
Tutor
Tutor
I wouldn't think it would be, but I'm no expert on this stuff. You're still getting that internal error on the replacement unit, when you try to name it? If so, I would be on with tech support to have them figure out what's going on
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share. If you have a ticket open with the support, I encourage you to follow up for a status update.

JamesC

BradCook
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you get someone to listen to you and wipe the data on a refurbished replacement...
Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
They obviously have no idea on how to fix the internal error issues yet.
Flahekm
Tutor
Tutor
That part took me 3 different chat sessions with tech support.....after trying the same steps with 3 different techs, the 3rd person finally said that they were going to check with their superiors. I gave them the serial from the unit and they came back and told me that they were going to wipe it, so that it would be reset. I did not get error message right after they did that
Firefighter1828
Tutor
Tutor
Any ideas yet on internal error message on trying to name camera?
BradCook
Aspirant
Aspirant

Order a new camera and quit wasting your time with the subpar tech service! New camera synced up as expected. I could not convince anyone it was the refurbished camera that had the problem.