Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Homekit and Only Arlo Essentials... 2030, 2330 and wired AVD1001 all on wifi. No base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Swedman
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have 5 cameras that are working fine.

The wifi is doing a nice job and I have good comms with the app on an iPhone SE(2).

After upgrade to ios15 arlo was extending the reach to, and adding better Homekit trix.
This is great news, but only for you guys with communication via a base station.

Q: Are arlo working to get mine solution, via stand alone wifi, to work with through the iPhone app? ...so I won't have to buy a base station...(Essentials maybe not connect to BS?)

I do get notifications and I should get notifications working via "short cuts", but I like the comms to lean on to ios15 and the better security of iCloud+.

Keep healthy and respond kindly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Swedman,

At this time, HomeKit integration requires a compatible Arlo camera and base station or SmartHub. You can find a list of compatible devices here: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Swedman,

At this time, HomeKit integration requires a compatible Arlo camera and base station or SmartHub. You can find a list of compatible devices here: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC