Geofencing not arming

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Spankey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been having this issue for a few months after an iOS upgrade, the geofencing won’t arm unless I open the app. I’ve done some reading and checked everything is as it should be, re-installed the app numerous times . Sometimes it will work for a few days then stops again. Today I’ve re installed the app again but it still hasn’t changed things. Any advice ?
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The mobile app needs to always be running in the background for Geofencing to update location. Some mobile devices will turn off or close apps that are idle or unused for a period of time. Check to make sure your mobile device isn't automatically closing the Arlo app causing geofencing not to update.

JamesC

Spankey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, everything appears to be correct, background app refresh etc, it has been working fine for the past 4yrs, but started to play up after an iOS update a few months ago. I read there was an issue and arlo were in discussion with Apple about the problem, but for me it hasn’t been fixed.
chriskrodgers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem. It only goes into AWAY mode when I open the app.  App is updated, Geofencing is set, location services is set to ALWAYS ON for the Arlo app, and Background App Refresh is on for Arlo.  I just noticed that Background App Refresh was off for MAPS so maybe that was it?  

Spankey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tried all of that, everything is on that should be. Very frustrating as I’ve got used to not having to do anything to arm the system…🤷
chriskrodgers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still doing it, wasnt the MAPS app

varenummer
Guide
Guide
I have same issues. BUT! Some times it turns on. And sometimes nothing in weeks. I have Arlo pro 5
Iam having a iPhone 13. I also need to open the app.
Everything is turned on in on location and push notifications etc.

So this is a big error somewhere. A bug.
DwarfNebula
Tutor
Tutor

If you have IOS 15, that is the problem. Apple just released an update that fixes this. Install IOS 15.3.