Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Omaha_Michael
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Essential camera mounted outside.  Once I have charged it up (100%), I have noticed excessive draining of the battery life.  The camera is not on (live /recording), yet after 7 days, 50% of the battery has been drained and continues to drain.  Power management is set at best.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
What is the signal strength from the camera? Although the camera is disabled from settings it will still try communicating and if it’s low it will keep trying at the highest power so could be the reason. Try moving the camera closer to the base/router as a test.
Are you using a solar panel on the camera?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is the camera making a lot of recordings? If so and in a high traffic area then point or relocate the camera to reduce trigger events.
You can also alter the PIR sensitivity in the camera rule for the operating mode.
Omaha_Michael
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  When I have the camera turned on it will make recordings.  However, the camera is disabled and the battery is STILL draining at a high rate.

Dannybear
Master
Master
What is the signal strength from the camera? Although the camera is disabled from settings it will still try communicating and if it’s low it will keep trying at the highest power so could be the reason. Try moving the camera closer to the base/router as a test.
Are you using a solar panel on the camera?
Omaha_Michael
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I have tested the camera by moving closer to the router to pick up a stronger Wi-Fi signal and that seems to have fixed the battery draining so quick issue.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Relocate the router closer to the camera if possible or buy a arlo base station and locate it closer via a Ethernet cable.