Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential spotlight camera has worked fine for about 3 months. Now it is not

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dougherty
Follower
Follower

It is beyond frustrating that no matter what you cannot reach a real person. My Essential spotlight camera has worked fine for about 3 months. Now it is not. I have recharged it. I have removed it from account and tried to redo it. Nothing. It blinks blue, chimes, then cannot connect. When I go online for help it wants me to sign up for a $2./99 month support. I bought this one so I did NOT have to pay for support. I am 70 years old and beyond frustrated. I will return this to Best Buy this week if I cannot get it to work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
The arlo legacy camera models pro2 and earlier retained the 7days free cloud storage when the ultra and subsequent models were released back in 2018 requiring a subscription.

It would be nice for arlo to clearly explain this on the package before you open it.

The customer support entitlement changed in 2021, you are now required to have a subscription to qualify for access to immediate support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
The arlo legacy camera models pro2 and earlier retained the 7days free cloud storage when the ultra and subsequent models were released back in 2018 requiring a subscription.

It would be nice for arlo to clearly explain this on the package before you open it.

The customer support entitlement changed in 2021, you are now required to have a subscription to qualify for access to immediate support.