Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential browser mode control

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
LitleJoe
Star
Star

I got two essential cameras in use. I set up the scheduling from my web browser when I first put them online and it worked fine. But now when I click on MODE I can't click on the camera to make any changes from my browser. I have other cameras (Arlo pro and pro2) and those work fine. What changed? It says in the help section :

"The following instructions are the same if you're logged in to your Arlo account using the Android app, iOS app, or web browser."

Web browser DOES NOT WORK for the mode control.

HELP!

Joey

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Just wanted to provide an update, the issue has been identified and there should be an update addressing this next week. 

Thanks!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

41 REPLIES 41
MrBill923
Star
Star

I am having the same problem since I replaced the camera (first one had bad motion detection consistency). Its been a week now with the mode freezing on my PC, but works fine on my cell phone app. I was going to wait a few more days and then submit support ticket. I'll wait and see if you get a fix from them.

Thanks

MrBill923
Star
Star

There is another post on this same problem. Hopefully Arlo will respond. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SamHobbs wrote:

I am not sure what the camera is; I forget. The camera's hardware information says it is a VMC2030AerH8.

You have the Essential Spotlight camera.

LitleJoe
Star
Star

My Essential Cameras are about to run out of the trial recording time and the MODE still doesn't work from the web browser.  Before I renew anything is the problem going to be fixed? Or do I move on to another system. As I stated before, it worked when I first set it up so I know it use to work.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

One set of mine ends Sept. 16th.. .I'd like to know the answer myself.

Maybe they knock a little bit off the monthly cost for not providing the complete package.

And, fyi, I'm typing this on my desktop and so I logged on to the Arlo Secure site and tried mode~ nope, still doesn't work.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Just wanted to provide an update, the issue has been identified and there should be an update addressing this next week. 

Thanks!

LitleJoe
Star
Star

Thank you for the update.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That's great news... good to know it was not something that just 3 or 4 of us were doing wrong. And, truth be told, it probably wouldn't work for most users, but most of them may not ever try to change their camera modes from a laptop or desktop... just use their phone app all the time.  Just a few of us who tried it happen to notice it and spoke up~ otherwise it would have never been discovered or, hopefully, fixed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all, 

I was informed there was a fix that was deployed to help with this issue. Can you verify if the issue is now resolved on your end.

Thanks!

LitleJoe
Star
Star

Yes, it worked when I used a private window but not regular. I think I am sure that is on my end now. How do I correct that?

Joey

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same with my desktop... incognito works, normal doesn't.

MrBill923
Star
Star

Works now. Thanks. 

MrBill923
Star
Star

I don't know about private window or incognito, not using those. I am using Google Chrome on Windows PC. 

LitleJoe
Star
Star

I got it working on mine in regular window now. Not sure why it worked but I turned off AD BLOCKER, tried it but still nothing, turned it back on for the site now it works. Go figure.

I am using Firefox.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are still experiencing an  issue, you can try clearing your cache/cookies for your browser and try again. 

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Alright... .tried again, wouldn't work on regular window. Cleared cache and all that, tried again and it was a success the second time.

What would be the chance that a moderator could get a technician type to explain what the problem was the whole time?

Like I said before, it took a group of us complaining to get any acknowledgement of the problem.

I wonder if each user starting an individual discussion about the problem doesn't work a lot better in our favor than one person complaining and 5 or 10 more joining in. One complain vs. 10 make a bigger visual impact. 

Anyhow, I'm glad it works now.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RegularJoe wrote:

Same with my desktop... incognito works, normal doesn't.

Try clearing the cache and the cookies for my.arlo.com in the browser settings.