Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential browser mode control

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
LitleJoe
Star
Star

I got two essential cameras in use. I set up the scheduling from my web browser when I first put them online and it worked fine. But now when I click on MODE I can't click on the camera to make any changes from my browser. I have other cameras (Arlo pro and pro2) and those work fine. What changed? It says in the help section :

"The following instructions are the same if you're logged in to your Arlo account using the Android app, iOS app, or web browser."

Web browser DOES NOT WORK for the mode control.

HELP!

Joey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all, 

I was informed there was a fix that was deployed to help with this issue. Can you verify if the issue is now resolved on your end.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Just wanted to provide an update, the issue has been identified and there should be an update addressing this next week. 

Thanks!

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

41 REPLIES 41
Johndjohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

web portal freezes when i try to access mode button . windows 10  microsoft edge

Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you try using private window in edge to see if it works.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Will it work for incognito or private window in the browser?
LitleJoe
Star
Star

No, I tried private window and still doesn't work. I use Firefox and this is the first time I had any trouble.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I checked my Firefox browser and can access the mode page without issue.
While this could be a regional server issue with arlo it may point to an account issue that needs resetting.
If you have a subscription you can contact arlo support via the app settings page.
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My desktop can't access "mode", either.

I can only do it on my phone.

It's been like this for about 2 weeks now, it seems like.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can't edit my previous post to add this picture...

Capture.PNG

LitleJoe
Star
Star

Good to know I am not the only one.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can't access the MODE function from my desktop or laptop, either one, just the phone app.

There are 2 other users, besides me, that have made posts about the same issue.

capturea.PNG

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you scroll through the other posts in this particular forum, you'll see that there are 3 of us having the exact same problem.

LitleJoe
Star
Star

I remember seeing at one other but I haven't seen a solution. I will dig deeper. If I find a solution I will post it here.

Dannybear
Master
Master
When using edge browser I don’t get a lock up when accessing mode page. That said I have my cameras attached to a base station rather than connected to the wifi.
This could explain why I don’t have the issue.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I mentioned previously that I have working access to mode page in browser but realise that my cameras are attached to a Base station. This could be why not everyone is getting the issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi

Are the affected users connected directly the router or base station? 

@LitleJoe which cameras so you experience this issue with? I see you have 4 essential cameras.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I myself have the essential spotlight type.

I'm connected to wifi, not a hub.

I contacted Arlo Support this morning and told them that there were 3 of us experiencing the same issue.

LitleJoe
Star
Star

The ones in question are not connected to a hub. When I first installed the two that are on wifi i was able to use my browser to finish setting it up. I mainly setup the scheduling from my browser but now I can't access the MODE from computer. I can access it from the phone app, but i like using the PC better.

Joey

LitleJoe
Star
Star

Hey RegularJoe,

Thanks for contacting them, I was just fixing to do that as well but will wait. Let us know what you find out.

Joey

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More reports may cause more action to be taken. Go ahead and file a bug.

FWIW, my cameras that are not connected to a base/hub have no problem with controlling modes. I use Chrome so perhaps FF is an issue. Have you tried any other browsers?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, I have escalated these reports and I will provide an update ASAP. 

LitleJoe
Star
Star

I tried Microsoft Edge and it was the same thing.

Joey

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

LitleJoe
Star
Star

Thank you.

MrBill923
Star
Star

I just replaced my VMC2030 because of inconsistent motion detection. With the new camera when connecting with my PC (Google Chrome) I have the same problem: the Mode page freezes.  I have no problem with the Arlo app on my cell (Android) phone. I had no problem with my first camera. Any help? 

SamHobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

For more than a week, in the website when I click on Mode I just get Please Wait. Nothing happens after that. The only thing I can do is to use the browser's back button. I can get into mode from my phone but not from my desktop (the website). I probably need to create a support case for this.

I am not sure what the camera is; I forget. The camera's hardware information says it is a VMC2030AerH8.