Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Spotlight Cameras with a 4500 Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Linals2
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras are recording into the Devices section of my app but I cannot watch them in my Library section where they should be stored in my 4500 Base Station. Why?
I paid a lot of money for the cameras and the Base Station but they no longer record via the BS to my phone so frustrating!
What do I need to do to rectify this problem? They used to do the job so well!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Linals2 wrote:
My cameras are recording into the Devices section of my app but I cannot watch them in my Library section where they should be stored in my 4500 Base Station. Why?

Has your trial subscription expired?  You need a subscription for cloud storage.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Linals2 wrote:

Has your trial subscription expired?  You need a subscription for cloud storage.

Linals2
Tutor
Tutor
Steve the system has always been viewable from the phone through the BS.
I get notifications now that the camera has been activated and recorded something but I can’t
view it on the phone as I usually have.
The sales person assured me that this set up would not require a subscription and it has worked perfectly up until a few weeks ago. Why?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Linals2,

Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras come with a 90 day trial plan that allows content to be recorded to the cloud. After the trial expires, content will no longer be saved to the cloud and a subscription plan must be purchased to continue receiving the same benefits that were offered during the trial period. For more information, take a look here: What options will I have when my Arlo trial ends?

JamesC

Linals2
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, when I first purchased the cameras the sales person from Bunnings told me a subscription wasn’t required.
When the 90 day trial ceased I was once again told a subscription was not required if I purchased a Base Station.
This I did and everything worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.
Now I receive notifications to my phone but nothing has been recorded and is therefore not viewable.
I still ask the question, why?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because you have a 4500 base, you must 1) enable local recordings by installing a USB drive and following the steps in Settings, My Devices, your base, Storage Settings to format and enable it and 2) safely eject the drive from the base for viewing on a computer.