Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sorry I purchased VMC2030 Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trudy_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had so much trouble with my Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera VMC2030.  I can look at a live picture but there's no videos saved in my library.  This happened before and I had to uninstall and reinstall it, which is difficult for me.  I have to remove it from the front of my house, take it inside, and go through all the steps to reinstall it.  Why should I have to do this so often?  It's very inconvenient for me.  I'm 78.   It certainly is not user friendly.  I am so sorry I didn't buy the Ring camera instead.  I am very disappointed in this product.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's just a matter of understanding how any product works. Do you have a subscription? You had a trial 3 month one when first installing the camera - are you still in that time or has it passed? Check Settings, Subscription to be sure. Without a sub you won't get cloud recordings (which is also true of many other cameras such as Ring).

You can also check your active mode to verify that DIsarmed is not selected.

Trudy_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I am paying for a subscription.  My camera seems to work intermittently.  I found a "restart" button in the settings, so I tried that.  It worked for a while, then stopped working.  I hit the restart again, and as of this morning, it was working.  I haven't tried it anymore today.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Stopping working is many times due to the signal strength/quality of the connection between the caamera and whatever it's connected to (your WiFi or a hub). Moving the camera closer to the router or hub will help determine if it's a signal issue.