Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi essential cam that is being used thru the based station. How do I disable motion? When I go to the mode you can create a mode that doesn’t send a push notification or email. It doesn’t let you save it without choosing an option. Any help?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any MODE created WITHOUT the camera in it turns OFF the camera ( disables same )

You have cameras A B C

So if you created a mode with cameras B C in it, then A is off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thx. I have the base station and it has two cameras attached to it and one of those is one I am trying to turn off motion. I don’t see a way to do it. Do I have to separate them from the base station?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Truth2121,

Create a custom mode and only set up a rule for the camera you want to detect motion. Do not set up any rules for the other camera, this will mean that when this custom mode is active, the camera that doesn't have any rules associated with it will be "disarmed".

JamesC

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am trying to, but there is no options to choose no alerts. I will attach pics
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Truth2121,

You cannot create a mode that does nothing.

The active mode utilizes whatever rules you have created. So if you create only rules for cameras you want to record within the custom mode, no other cameras will be active. If you want no cameras to record, simply use the "disarmed" mode.

JamesC

Truth2121
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, thank you.  I will play with it some more and see if it works.