Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

angryarlo262
Follower
Follower

Ive had Arlo for years now and suddenly the cameras will not connect to a live view. They are connected to wifi, updated, and if you check the "video settings" to test the camera it works. You just cannot update the camera view. It will say "an unexpected error occurred" and nothing will update. I have an Essentials spotlight camera and an older wired indoor camera. I tried to contact support but since I dont give arlo money they say im not entitled to live support.

Any suggestions?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

150 REPLIES 150
Vito_Liu
Initiate
Initiate

An unexpected error while using Live view , no matter in cell phone or Laptop. 

I have tried to remove and re-connect the camera but it doesn't work

sir_seagill
Star
Star

well, i called up support and the guy there said that they're aware of the issue, it's specific to this product. he said to give them 1-2 days to fix it... will see how that goes. a response here on the forums would be nice though

Vito_Liu
Initiate
Initiate

Vito_Liu_0-1688970832235.png

Boonead
Initiate
Initiate

Yes this has also happened when we carried out a firmware update about 3 days ago & everything stopped working - so wrong that Arlo have been completely mislead their customers which we purchased about  7months ago & note they are still selling in stores in New Zealand (Harvey Normans, Bunnings etc) ! Will be taking this product back to the retail store for a full refund under the consumers guarantee act that is in place in New Zealand.     

Fifo
Aspirant
Aspirant

mis dos camaras VMC2030 no transmiten en vivo pero detectan movimientos. La he desconectado y programado nuevamente pero sigue con el mismo problema. Tengo la tercera y esa transmite en vivo pero el audio está distorsionado. 

fhornhead
Tutor
Tutor

I came here today looking for help because I have been unable to connect to my cameras on any web browser or the app for over 2 weeks.  I saw there was a recent update and new this must have something to do with the issue....then i see this thread!!! 
All i can say is if this is the way Arlo or their parent companies operate, i will NOT be purchasing ANYTHING from you again.  not to replace my unusable security camera (which is a joke!  if you were truely concerned about security, you would not let this stay broken...peoples lives could be impacted...what are your leaders thinking? talk about brand trust?  GONE!)

I certainly hope that James or whomever that is mentioned in this thread is working feverishly to fix the issue, otherwise ARLO and their parent companies are crooks.  

WAITING FOR A FIX ARLO.....THIS IS NEWS WORTHY STUPIDITY.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears to be widespread and will need a firmware fix. One user has posted a possible workaround by going into the Video Settings in the camera settings and cropping the view to 1/4 size. Supposedly live view then works. Don't know if other cropping would work or if you can then remove the crop.

waynedeutscher
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VC2030 went offline and can not get it to go online, Have tried everything. WIFI is working and other devices are working. Must be the death sentence.

NaKansas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, for past few days, I have not been able to get live view from my Arlo essential cameras. I have tried with 2 different iPhone and 2 different laptops. I do get motion alerts so cameras are online. I have 4 cameras and problem started on all cameras at once. I have tried all tricks suggested by Arlo website like restarting the device, and even removing the device and adding it again.

I do not have Arlo subscription. did Arlo stop live view to make by be subscriber?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears to be widespread and will need a firmware fix. One user has posted a possible workaround by going into the Video Settings in the camera settings and cropping the view to 1/4 size. Supposedly live view then works. Don't know if other cropping would work or if you can then remove the crop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

boomyen
Guide
Guide

Arlo can you provide an estimate date that you will have this firmware issue fixed? Or just give us the previous firmware back in the mean time? 

Ajideeho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem.

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

News worthy is a good point. People should start reaching out to tech journalists to get articles written. Arlo was all over the news when they announced their EOL - I am surprised this isn't already news since they've had devices dead for weeks at this point. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest firmware update for Arlo Essential cameras has been rolled back. You may need to restart your camera from Settings > Devices for the rollback to take effect.

JamesC

Mighty1oak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same problem since 7-7-23 I've taken my camera to a different Wi-Fi connection at a different location in a different city uploaded the app to a different phone even purchased a new camera. all of the troubleshooting that Arlo is said to do I've done. the problem is in their updated app. but I'm unable to speak to anybody because I don't pay them money for a monthly service

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Now working after the rollback update,some strange noise coming through speaker but I got the live stream

OptimusJD
Star
Star

Thank-You.  Both cameras back to normal.

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

After a restart, strange noise has gone, cam back to normal, all working ok,, bless the lord 

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Could have been, I was thinking same, send out the bad file,, now you can set cam up again and the new rollback will update cam, all working again now

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Update cam again, now have new firmware, all working ok

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Up and running again with new update

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Same here!😖