Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Connected but no live view

angryarlo262
Follower
Follower

Ive had Arlo for years now and suddenly the cameras will not connect to a live view. They are connected to wifi, updated, and if you check the "video settings" to test the camera it works. You just cannot update the camera view. It will say "an unexpected error occurred" and nothing will update. I have an Essentials spotlight camera and an older wired indoor camera. I tried to contact support but since I dont give arlo money they say im not entitled to live support.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest firmware update for Arlo Essential cameras has been rolled back. You may need to restart your camera from Settings > Devices for the rollback to take effect.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

150 REPLIES 150
Brm88
Initiate
Initiate

We have the arlo security cameras and when we are viewing live video there is an awful sound like chirping or static!? What can we do!?! 

Smsmothers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo spotlight and it said it needed an update but now it says unrecognized error to play stream?

bintheredundat
Initiate
Initiate

same here, I get the same error on the web.  The mobile app just spins at "connecting". I've removed the device, removed and reinstalled the app, rebooted the router. Nothing works.

JDOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to have something to do with the last app update. I and a few others are having the same issue with essential cameras on live video and camera positioning. I have been chatting to customer service who have advised a reply will be 24 to 48 hours away. 

Aroddy1913
Initiate
Initiate

Hello my camera has stopped live feed since the firmware was updated over night. When I check the camera on the app it just loads and never shows a live feed. How can I fix this? @JamesC 

sir_seagill
Star
Star

same with me. i have 2 cameras. one of them had a 'firmware update required' the firmware update never had a success message, it just stayed on 'updating' status. anyways, after trying over and over the cameras finally shows firmware: 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30 I can turn it on and off but trying to connect to live feed, i think it flashed a bit because going back to connecting and staying there. my other camera still on the older firmware (it didn't force it to update) 1.090.31.0_21_55537e7 works fine. please fix

Aroddy1913
Initiate
Initiate

I tried removing my cameras and reinstalling them and it didn’t work. Any other thoughts on how to resolve? @JamesC 

Niclas66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea, have the same problem with 2 of my essential cameras, how to fix?

hem2525
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my cameras buffers for 2 minutes before I can review a video

lnozzi
Star
Star

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem with 3 of my essential cameras, how to fix?

Today I see that the new firmware has been installed and since that the cameras have stopped working the live streaming from app. Please fix, thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The symptoms you've described here are often related to poor connectivity or wifi interference. Try temporarily relocating the camera close to your router/SmartHub and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

bintheredundat
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried it as it's next to the router, the preview on the phone app will show that it's changed environment (it seems it's taking a still), but the live stream won't work.

There was a firmware update that rolled out yesterday, unlikely a coincidence that it stopped working at the same time. ? I'm not sure...

FaradayCage
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, same miserable problem here with identical model. Just five days ago everything worked well.  Now Netgear has blanked up again.  Tried factory reset, removing devices and adding them again, restarted my own router, plenty of charge in battery, everything. I know they are connected because the motion detection utility works fine and sends notifications, but streaming completely disappeared. Even the camera positioning utility won't work; it tells me there is a strong signal but the annoying spinning dial just spins and spins forever.  This is with the latest firmware as of this writing, 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30.  It's bad indeed. What a lousy job, Netgear.

FaradayCage
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll add I have two other older Arlo cameras, models H7 and H11, and they continue to work.  Also this lack of streaming happens not only on the iOS app but on the web browser interface as well, on Windows 10.

JDOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling seemed to fix the problem on my end. Give it a go and see if it works. 

Maggie2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this issue as wel. 2 arlo Essential camera stopped working overnight. Resets, router resets, nothing works. The camera connects fine (I’ll still recieve motion alerts) but I can’t see live video. Extremely frustrating. Please help. 

JDOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

No don’t worry. The noise is still there. It’s the update. 

Loubird299
Initiate
Initiate

I’m glad I’m not the only one having issues with the new firmware update #vmc2030. I have been trying to figure it out all day including deleting and reinstalling my camera. It started to update on one camera then gave me an error and then won’t update. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

Drmwood
Tutor
Tutor

Please help! Anyone else having problems with essential cameras connecting to live after update? I have 4 Arlo essential cameras and all quit connecting to live after the firmware update last night/early am 7/7.  

Lcaracci
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been having issues all day! I finally got my essential mounted and now the live stream won’t work! Hoping they’ll have an update since this is the 2nd post!!

intgom
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. Away from home and can't live stream any of my cameras. 

Lcaracci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup. Finally mounted mine because I’m going out of town too!!! Not super happy 🙃

ChiAn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here after updating to latest firmware last night on a VMC2030. Factory reset the camera multiple times and no video feed during setup or after its added. Battery was 100% when running the firmware update.

Jagarn
Aspirant
Aspirant

what happened after the last update! now there is a strange noise all the time