Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Cameras Connected but no live view

angryarlo262
Follower
Follower

Ive had Arlo for years now and suddenly the cameras will not connect to a live view. They are connected to wifi, updated, and if you check the "video settings" to test the camera it works. You just cannot update the camera view. It will say "an unexpected error occurred" and nothing will update. I have an Essentials spotlight camera and an older wired indoor camera. I tried to contact support but since I dont give arlo money they say im not entitled to live support.

Any suggestions?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

150 REPLIES 150
Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Same here!😖 a terrible noise sometimes it does it sometimes not. please somebody help.😕

MemoCR
Aspirant
Aspirant

What means "Note: This update may not be available in all regions", "It will be...or It never will be...?"

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Horrible noise is back on cam,had to keep it on mute, whatever nxt I wonder

LKLAFKA
Aspirant
Aspirant

The solution given still does not work for me.  Please help

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Did you remove cam from app then reinstall with new update? Or are you referring to the noise it makes? 

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

I did everything and many times , I got back the live, but it makes an horrible noise! 

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Same here 😤

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Same here! My live is back with the noise! I erase my camera all over again

Trebormesos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just did the new firmware and live is working again. But no recording option. No option to do it manually either.

im getting notifications and live is back but no recordings 

Jacksonm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received a message from Evecadu on a temporary fix. I misunderstood yesterday but got it to work today.  Open each camera’s settings one at a time and go to video settings.  The streaming video will open here.  Zoom in and return to camera. It will now open with smaller view

Jacksonm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks temp fix worked

jackburridge8
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC - I have tried resetting the cameras now too and still having the same issue with the live feed. Any additional advice to follow to get live stream back up?

Tienle
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo app still don't found the arlo device, blue flashlight still on but didn't found 

boomyen
Guide
Guide

Live view works now for primary account. As the device was deleted from all accounts during troubleshooting, I have to share the camera to other accounts and I can't see the camera on the secondary account. 

sir_seagill
Star
Star

didn't work for me on 1 camera. still on the 'bad' firmware and says 'no updates available' tried restarting, removing and re-adding, same thing

Jacksonm
Aspirant
Aspirant

My firmware update came in today.  All my cameras up.  Hope yours did also.  

sir_seagill
Star
Star

just checked. still on the 'bad' firmware. "No updates available"

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This all makes me suspicious that Arlo isn't working to make a better user experience... we've had that previously. I feel that what they are doing is attempting to disable any loopholes that allow legacy camera owners to still use functions that aren't available to new system owners... I see posts all the time that say "hey, I've had a hub for years, and before I was able to do this or that and see and share videos even after my subscription lapsed, and now I can't...what happened?", or something similar. Things like that.

They get on here and complain, which results in a "did you try turning the cameras off", or "try restarting you phone", or some other useless, time wasting suggestion... to give the user hope that lost function can be restored... when beneath the surface the company is steadily going about removing any and all formerly free and usable applications that legacy/longtime system owners were taking advantage of.... and this time whatever function they disabled had connections to functions that everyone else is using currently.

I don't think it was "hey, you know what would be handy? Lets see if we can't institute a function that will let an owner use one of their cameras on someone else's wifi system and free them from being tethered to just the system at their house"....and accidently disabled this live view capability that we all just lost... I'm sure they were trying to remove something somewhere and it inadvertently disabled this live view function recently.

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Live feed still working, but very loud noise coming through speakers,I read Arlo busy with noise problem

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, was because now everything is ok with my cameras!  I erased everything from my phone and redownload everything , I made this couple of time because the noise was still there. 
so I would say

1 erase all cameras

2 erase the application

3 close your phone

4 redownload the application

5 reconnect, all your cameras

it works for me 🤷🏼‍♀️ Good luck

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

I don't agree
My husband has his camera for a long time and he didn't get this problem. My cameras are new... this is technology!

sir_seagill
Star
Star

did another restart which was very painful, many attempts to find the camera and failed. (more than 3 hours I'm not kidding) but finally able to find the camera, update to the rolled back firmware and now both cameras are working fine as before. 

thanks to all invovled

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Amazing 

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Purchased another essential spot light cam today,also has the loud noise problem on live feed

fhornhead
Tutor
Tutor

thank you James!  that worked for all three of my cameras!  But yesterday, out of the Wild Blue yonder, and update came through for ONE of my Three cameras.  The Firmware version??? 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30  

It has the word BAD in it....and this one camera is now non-functional again.  How did this happen? and how can i carrect this?  thanks