Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

angryarlo262
Follower
Follower

Ive had Arlo for years now and suddenly the cameras will not connect to a live view. They are connected to wifi, updated, and if you check the "video settings" to test the camera it works. You just cannot update the camera view. It will say "an unexpected error occurred" and nothing will update. I have an Essentials spotlight camera and an older wired indoor camera. I tried to contact support but since I dont give arlo money they say im not entitled to live support.

Any suggestions?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

150 REPLIES 150
NotHappyHere
Initiate
Initiate

VMC2030 - 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30 - 27 June 2023

This firmware will SABOTAGE and  BRICK your camera and render it useless whether you subscribe or not. It has been over 2 weeks James and Arlo and Netgear have been aware of the issue and issued no statement. They continue and ensure every device has the bad update.

50+ forum posts have been posted about sabotaged cameras since June 27th when JamesC posted the DEATH SENTENCE UPDATE.

Support has no fix or help for problem. Can @JamesC and any other Netgear representative make a statement on how they plan to fix this?

A big coincidence a forced update on June 27 SABOTAGED camera use right on time for the JULY 1st EOL deadline. 

if anyone missed it Arlo announced end of life for all their products (except ultra) for July 1st; No support for VMC2030 after July 1st. Very convenient they released an update that broke your cameras right on the deadline. They will not release a firmware to fix the problem as your product is end of life on July 1st. This is why James and Arlo are not responding. Expect to see this with all model cameras. The goal Arlo wants because their quarterly sales have been dropping since last year is to force you to buy the Ultra cameras AND subscribe to the paid SUBSCRIPTION service. 

Arlo is currently involved in a class action lawsuit involving 8 USA states. For exactly what is happening here.

link to the class action lawsuit to Arlo for false advertising and bait and switching their customers on the EOL July 1st.

Please leave a comment if your cameras also were sabotaged by the update and we can keep this thread on top for exposure and pressure on Arlo for our loyalty to their product.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Viewing a recording being delayed that much suggests an issue with your connection to the Arlo servers. If you select a video and choose to download it, do you get the same sort of delay?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMC2030

• is not (and never was) on the EOL List
  • never had free 7-day cloud storage

Although Arlo originally wanted to discontinue the free cloud storage offered with the legacy camera, they reversed that decision.

Your information on what cameras were on the list is definitely wrong.  Correct information is here:

Mausaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

My 2030 suddenly lost the connection and it seems impossible to reconnect despite all advice Arlo is giving.

Blue light is on for some minutes and then all the time is blinking high speed orange.

I did try over and over again without succes.

Meanwhile my other camera of same age is still working correctly.

Vendor says I have to contact Arlo though two year guarantee is given by them.

What to do. Can it be the internal wifi chip?

Maurits Campert

Holland

essentialnotwor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, support doesn't give me a solution, I just bought two cameras. Please let me know if you find any solution. 

NotHappyHere
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for clarifying that! I’ve made an edit and my post is now even more up to date with the DEATH SENTENCE UPDATE! No fix or help is offered! Thank you for your input the situation is still just as bad everyone!

j55
Initiate
Initiate

My Essential WiFi security cameras are not working either. We've tried all the recommended troubleshooting, but the cameras are not connecting.  The firmware version is 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30. We rely on these cameras and hope this issue is resolved soon. 

DavidArloUser
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue since few days.

My three Essentials Spotlight cameras are connected to my wifi but i cannot see live view.

They can detect movements but no live videos.

I tried everything: delete iPhone Arlo App, reinstalled again, delete all cameras et reattach them again, i changed my Arlo account also. but still not able to let cameras works again!

DavidArloUser
Tutor
Tutor

I have same issue on my 3 Essential Spotlight Arlo cam.

Cannot see live view anymore since firmware update.

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Yes same problem, was great for a year,looks like it updated its firmware and now can’t livestream anymore,load of rubbish,get everyone to leave 1 star review for arlo cam, never buy again

Loubird299
Initiate
Initiate

Ever since this update came up on my app I am not able to update my cameras or view live feeds. Yes battery is fully charged, yes I have tried a factory reset, yes I have deleted the cameras from my account and reinstalled, yes I have contacted support. Nothing is working for this update now on the second day and not getting what I pay for! @JamesC 

Gildas
Initiate
Initiate

Exactly the same with me.

davegut
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same issue since firmware update.

Tried everything but nothing seems to work.

I could get cameras to view live video when first added, but ten they go right back to not letting me view live video.

Chanita
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I'm having trouble with my camera's. It keeps saying it's connecting but i don't get no live image? 
OptimusJD
Star
Star

Mine too.  I charged it yesterday for the first time in a while and it got the newest firmware update and now no video.  Not a happy camper.

OptimusJD
Star
Star

Mine got the latest update and now it's doing the same thing.  This is maddening.

OptimusJD
Star
Star

Same.

dtay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to play video from my essientials camera.  They are connected to wifi and have clear signal.  I have removed and re added.   They send alerts put will not play video.  They send activity notifications.   When trying from any ios apps it just says connecting then stops.   when trying from web browser it says unexpected error.   any suggestions here?

OptimusJD
Star
Star

It's a bunch of crap.  When I bought this thing it never said BEWARE, we will brick it one day so you can't use it at all.  It's madness that something can't be done to allow these things to still function.

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

My Essential devices are also all dead, no video feed at all. Oddly enough my older Arlo Pros still work with the base station, but the Essentials are all dead. 

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

Same issue here with two Essentials devices 

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, seems like a firmware update disabled all of the Essential cameras for everyone. They have not made any statement about fixing the issue or timeline. 

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, two cameras disabled by the new update. Would love a statement from Arlo about a fix or at least time frame for a fix. 

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

Adding another thread in the hopes that Arlo techs see some level of urgency.

I currently have two devices, both completely unable to view video after the firmware update. Would love a statement from Arlo about when they plan on fixing this. 

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

I’ve updated app, drained battery on cam,recharged it,connected to wifi again,when armed I just get a screen shot ,still no live stream,, I give up now, just an expensive deterant cam