Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera on different location

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jeanpmichiels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,
I have a country house and would like to have a camera in that other location. Is this via the same home WiFi address or do you need to log in to the existing WiFi at this address. Can I see this on my app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeanpmichiels wrote:

THX

II meant, 3 cameras are logged into WiFi Home AAAAA. The other camera must therefore be connected to the same WiFi and not to the WiFi address of the outdoor accommodation.

"logged in" adds a bit of confusion here, since you don't actually log into your home wifi - instead you connect to the home wifi network.   You "log in" to the app.

Each camera needs to be connected to their its wifi network.  So the camera in the different location will normally be set up to use a different network name/password.  But you'd add that camera to the same account you are using now (in the app).

One way to simplify this is to set up both homes to use the same wifi network name/password.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeanpmichiels wrote:

Is this via the same home WiFi address or do you need to log in to the existing WiFi at this address.

Not sure what you mean by "same home WiFi" address.  If the cameras are connecting to your home wifi, then they need to use whatever wifi network name/password is in use at that location.

@jeanpmichiels wrote:

Can I see this on my app?

Yes.

jeanpmichiels
Aspirant
Aspirant

THX

II meant, 3 cameras are logged into WiFi Home AAAAA. The other camera must therefore be connected to the same WiFi and not to the WiFi address of the outdoor accommodation.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeanpmichiels wrote:

THX

"logged in" adds a bit of confusion here, since you don't actually log into your home wifi - instead you connect to the home wifi network.   You "log in" to the app.

Each camera needs to be connected to their its wifi network.  So the camera in the different location will normally be set up to use a different network name/password.  But you'd add that camera to the same account you are using now (in the app).

One way to simplify this is to set up both homes to use the same wifi network name/password.