Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not charging so I can't add to account

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MeadeEM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to help my grandmother with setting up a camera she purchased in October 2022. I've followed the factory reset instructions, but no lights show up on the camera. When I try to contact support through the virtual assistant, it tells me that I'm not entitled to live agent support. I'm assuming this is because the camera hasn't ever been successfully added to the account. Is there another way to contact support, or anything else I can try to get this camera working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43476184

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MeadeEM wrote:

I'm trying to help my grandmother with setting up a camera she purchased in October 2022. I've followed the factory reset instructions, but no lights show up on the camera. When I try to contact support through the virtual assistant, it tells me that I'm not entitled to live agent support. I'm assuming this is because the camera hasn't ever been successfully added to the account. Is there another way to contact support, or anything else I can try to get this camera working?

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can assist you in reaching support.

Phone support also requires a subscription (trial or paid), but in the case the camera should still be under warranty so she is entitled to get support.

She might still be able to exchange it with the seller (depending on where she purchased it).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MeadeEM 

Are you still experiencing an issue installing your device? 

MeadeEM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for checking in @ShayneS (and thanks for directing this @StephenB !).

Yes, I'm still experiencing an issue. I've tried leaving the camera plugged in overnight to charge, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The camera gets warm while it's plugged in, but no lights show on the front at any point. I'm still unable to connect to the camera or perform a factory reset. I believe I was able to get the camera connected back in October, but it has since disappeared from the account.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43476184

MeadeEM
Aspirant
Aspirant

The situation has been resolved. Thank you for your help!

mboni15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am having a similar problem. My camera indicated the batter was low so I brought it in to charge and it doesn’t show any lights while charging and it also gets warm. I’ve left it plugged in overnight with no change.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd be mildly concerned about the camera getting noticeably warm while charging. Of course, the exact level of warmth would be the issue with hot being real trouble. 

In any event, use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model and start talking to official support for a possible RMA.