Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Amber light is solid and will not reset

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
Thanatos63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 Essential Spotlight (VMC2330-100NAR) Cameras around my house that I bought at Christmas (2 - 3 packs).  The cameras have all worked great, however, one went dead a couple of weeks ago and when I charged it the amber light, to the right of the lense, went solid amber and has stayed that way for the past two weeks,  I removed it from my account and tried to do a reset, but it will NOT reset and the amber light just stays solid at all times still.  When I plug it into a charger, the blue light flashes for a few seconds and then goes right back to solid amber again.
I've searched all over the place online for an answer to this and have come up with nothing but to rest it by holding the button in 20-30 seconds, and that's not doing anything - amber light never goes off, even when pressing the button for an entire minute.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate all the help that I can get.  I'm very tech-savvy, and have not had any issue with any of the other fives cameras, even if they've gone dead from the battery running out.

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support in your app to start the process of a replacement camera.

Sebastech
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same problem with the same camera. Did you manage to find a solution?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Sebastech

Have you tried factory resetting your camera? You can find the How-To article here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Thanatos63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support and they started the return process for it but, although I thought that I provided the proper steps to get the RMA number and return it, something messed up and I haven't been able to.  Anytime I clicked the link in their emails to complete the return process, it told me that it had expired even though the email was only about 5 mins old.  I've pretty much given up on getting it replaced at this point.
As for resetting.  Yes, I tried resetting it, then tried removing it to reinstall it, and it won't even think about allowing me to install it.  Right now, it's sitting on the floor, under my desk...didn't need another paperweight on top of the desk.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated this issue for you, support should be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalations number is here: 43108884

KlausKleinball
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the exact same problem! Can you help me get a replacement? Customer support has totally dropped the ball and can’t figure it out. Let me know thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KlausKleinball

Which camera are you experiencing the issue with, can you provide the last 2 digits of your serial number?

Arlomann1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the exact same issue with my Arlo Q camera. Can you please send me a link for a solution. I’m reading that it’s called the amber light of death, and that doesn’t seem right considering it is not that old. Would be very disappointed if the product fails that quickly

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Arlomann1

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

KlausKleinball
Aspirant
Aspirant

I emailed Arlo, they were awesome and just sent me a new camera with a return label to send them back the one that didn’t work. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. 

Sebastech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, was there a certain link that you went to or an email address for this. I still have the problem with my camara andI just dont know where to go so that they can send me a replacement. 

Sebastech
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello could you help me with this again? Ive tried everything and now my camara wont even turn on (yes ive tried charging it) I just want them to send me a replacement since it has a warranty

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sebastech wrote:

Ive tried everything and now my camara wont even turn on (yes ive tried charging it) I just want them to send me a replacement since it has a warranty

If the camera is still in the account (and has a subscription), then try using the support area in the app.  Select a camera with a subscription (doesn't really matter which) and then scroll down to the contact section.  You should see a phone support option there.

If you don't have any cameras in the account with a subscription, then post back or PM the mods ( @JamesC or @ShayneS ).

boogergreenglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same amber light experience on my Arlo essential camera where the amber light stays on solid. Initially, the camera was no longer in my app so I removed and added the camera, did the factory reset and the amber light remains on. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

boogergreenglen,

Do you have an Arlo Essential Indoor camera? A solid amber LED indicates an internet connectivity issue. You can find more information about LED behaviors here: https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

JamesC

boogergreenglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

It's the outdoor essential camera. I got the 4 pack through Walmart and this one is the only one like this. I contacted support staff and they mentioned to charge it for 3 hrs near the base station and keep an eye on it for 24 hrs. So far, it is working again through the app but the amber light is solid and still on. 

jedimacali
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue…attached magnetic charge cord to try and recharge my Arlo Pro 4. Starts off as blinking blue LED, then turns solid amber. I purchased on 8-18-2022. I imagine my warranty is still in effect? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jedimacali wrote:

I am having the same issue…attached magnetic charge cord to try and recharge my Arlo Pro 4. Starts off as blinking blue LED, then turns solid amber. I purchased on 8-18-2022. I imagine my warranty is still in effect? 

Warranty is 12 months in most places, so it should still be covered.

Try contacting support using the support area of the app.  Don't google for a phone number, that will almost certainly lead you to a scam support site.