Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dcorreia1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had this camera for about a year, and for a few months now the camera has just been turning off on me. Especially when I charge and put back up, usually disconnects and I have to manual repair and connect the camera again as new. Have to do every few days, can be a pain, any solutions? Have reset, factory reset, changed camera locations, even happens when I leave the camera inside next to the base. 

18 REPLIES 18
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 essential cameras that keep going off line now as well. They worked fine for a couple months and now I can't keep them on line

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Whitetail 

Are you still experiencing this issue with your cameras going offline?

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, both cameras keep going offline. Funny thing is it's different days and different times.  Did everything tech support ask me to do , with no luck. 

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed a software upgrade had been performed a few days prior to this problem. Makes me wonder when they updated the software caused this issue.

Prior to the upgrade both cameras had Been working fine since I installed the a couple months ago

Dcorreia1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been going on for a few months, one of the cameras I don’t even use anymore , too much of a hassle to keep online, my other cameras I notice if I don’t ever turn them off and leave them on when I charge them or anything they stay online longer. But same if I’ve done everything tech told me to do, at this point I’m just waiting to buy new cameras, most likely from a different company because I pay $13 a month for this. 

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

They ask me if I could show my receipt with my name on it for proof of purchase.   I didn't count on having these issues, so I did not keep my receipt and I only have 1 of the 2 boxes they came in.  If these issues continue I will not recommend there products to anyone.

Dcorreia1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same I didn’t keep my receipts either, I also wouldn’t recommend.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Whitetail 

Is it possible to bring one or both cameras inside, closer to your router or base station to see if the issue persists? 

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done that.  While working with tech support and doing the factory reset.  Where u uninstall the cameras and reinstall them back.  While they were in the house it still took awhile for them to come on line..   my cameras are mounted outside within 10 feet of my router.  What really puzzles me is, they both worked great with no problems for 2 months. Then all of a sudden they started going off line and not at the same time or day.  I dug into it the best I knew how, and the only thing I found that had changed from my install date was, my cameras has gotten a software update a few days before the on line issue started.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Whitetail Thanks for the update, do you happen to have the case number I can review by chance?

Thank you 

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I deleted my emails.  I figured after all these tries I wouldn't hear anymore from anyone and would have to find another camera manufacturer

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Whitetail When you mention online, are you referring to a live stream?

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just had my isp provider (spaklight) here checking out my signal strength and speed from the router.  The 2.4 down load speed was checked right next to the base of the Arlo essential spotlight camera outside. Its speed is  60 Mbps.  The signal was solid.  When I'm saying off line. On the Arlo app the camera connection status shows off line.  When this happens the camera will not function.  

Like I said before it happens at different times on different days. Sometimes it stays off line for hours and I cannot connect to it.

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm begining to wonder if it's the Arlo app on my phone that's having trouble connecting to my essential cameras.  My phone is connected to 5g satilight (cricket) when I open the Arlo secure app.  Even when my cameras don't have the red symbol showing offline or disconnected. It takes awhile to connect to see the live view. Alot of times I can never connect to the live view

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I changed the internet connection on my phone from cricket 5g to my router wifi which is 2.5ghz. No change, I opened the Arlo secure app to view my cameras and one of my cameras once again shows a red circle with an exclamation point in the center of the red circle. When you click on the red circle it opens up a message that says it appears your camera is offline

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you disable WiFi on the phone and use only cell service? Have you also tried the web client (my.arlo.com) on a computer?

Whitetail
Aspirant
Aspirant

So it appears I solved the problem, keeping my fingers crossed. My router was provided by my internet provider (spark light).  It appears there 2.4 ghz wifi signal has something going on with it. It wasn't  the download speed because it's a solid 60mbps. 

I bought a TP-Link router and connected it to spark lights router. The TP-Link download speed is only 25mbps, but the cameras haven't went offline since I put the cameras on this other router.  So will see if this continues.