Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo spotlight XL charging and connecting issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
T_her9761
Tutor
Tutor
Hi have a 1.5 year old Arlo Spotlight XL essential camera. It was working normal until recently I have had trouble charging it.
I charge it for half a day and the batt stays red. ( I have the latest firmware)
Today I decided to unpair it from my hub and now it won't sync and no light comes on when I try charge.
- the charger cord works for my other cameras. Surely this camera is not dead after 1.5 year????
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be either the camera or battery. Does the camera work when connected to AC power? That would point to either the battery or charging circuitry. You can also try a different USB charger.

T_her9761
Tutor
Tutor
The charger was faulty and I have since managed to give it a full charge. Unfortunately nothing happens when I press the sync button. ( do not get blue flashing light, also camera not found)
Not sure what more I can do, what do you suggest
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@T_her9761 wrote:
Unfortunately nothing happens when I press the sync button. ( do not get blue flashing light, also camera not found)

How long are you pressing it?  The reset procedure requires about 15 seconds.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera