Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential spotlight - how does the spotlight function?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Valsokol
Follower
Follower

So if I have both the spotlight and night vision toggle on in low light settings, I suppose the camera will use the spotlight rather than infrared when motion is detected at night? Or both? Should I turn infrared off if the spotlight toggle is on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Valsokol wrote:

So if I have both the spotlight and night vision toggle on in low light settings, I suppose the camera will use the spotlight rather than infrared when motion is detected at night? 

AFAICT, the two modes work independently.  But I find that it ends up using just the spotlight in that case - the spotlight is bright enough to keep Nightvision off.  It's ok to leave them both on, but it's also fine to disable the one you don't want to use.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Valsokol wrote:

So if I have both the spotlight and night vision toggle on in low light settings, I suppose the camera will use the spotlight rather than infrared when motion is detected at night? 

AFAICT, the two modes work independently.  But I find that it ends up using just the spotlight in that case - the spotlight is bright enough to keep Nightvision off.  It's ok to leave them both on, but it's also fine to disable the one you don't want to use.