Arlo essential spotlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TwinScrews
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a total of 5 cameras, however all 3 of my Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras are no longer recording to the library. I get motion alerts but no longer records. I have reset my base to no avail. I cannot remove the battery in these however I can remove the plug for the solar panel charger.

I also made sure my library does not have any filters on, but only 2 cameras show in my library (my Arlo Pro 2) but I show all 5 cameras are synced to my base.

554BC5D9-B040-40D8-BE5D-EAD1E0E1E137.png
5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TwinScrews wrote:
I have a total of 5 cameras, however all 3 of my Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras are no longer recording to the library. I get motion alerts but no longer records. I have reset my base to no avail. I cannot remove the battery in these however I can remove the plug for the solar panel charger.

I also made sure my library does not have any filters on, but only 2 cameras show in my library (my Arlo Pro 2) but I show all 5 cameras are synced to my base.

Do you have an active subscription for the Essential cams if your 3 month Trial expired? 

TwinScrews
Aspirant
Aspirant
No i no longer have a subscription. Didn’t know I needed one IOT have my events saved to the library. How are my Pro 2 still able to be seen in the library? Do I not need a subscription for those?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TwinScrews wrote:
No i no longer have a subscription. Didn’t know I needed one IOT have my events saved to the library. How are my Pro 2 still able to be seen in the library? Do I not need a subscription for those?

No just the cams newer then the Pro2's need a sub. It started with the Ultra in 2018. 

TwinScrews
Aspirant
Aspirant
So if I do not want a subscription can I just replace my essential spotlight cameras with Pro 2s?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@TwinScrews wrote:
So if I do not want a subscription can I just replace my essential spotlight cameras with Pro 2s?

Yes if you want but the Pro2 is hard to find.