Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Essential XL Spotlight spontaneously dropped from app and now won't reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tmc721
Guide
Guide

I have an Arlo Essential XL Spotlight that was working fine. The other day, I noticed it was missing from my app (other cameras are fine). Took it down and tried reconnecting it. Pressing the sync button for 1-2 seconds does nothing (never get the slow flashing blue). Holding the sync button for 30 seconds and get flashing amber light so it's been reset. But nothing I do now can get the slow blinking blue status light to show up. Not sure what else to try. Ideas? I see from searching the community that others have had their similar camera vanish from the app but doesn't look like anyone has found a solution to that.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My guess is that the battery is dead. You may need to try the following procedure to revive it if totally dead - the key is to plug in and unplug many times to get enough charge into the battery to then allow it to normally charge:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do