Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Camera will not connect to wifi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bbodb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a a set of 4 Arlo cameras - all mounted outdoors and have been running fine until recently when one camera lost connection to my wifi. This has happened before and following the published procedures from Arlo (in their manual) resolved the previous issues.

Recently though, one of my cameras (which is being recharged via a solar panel) lost connection to the wifi.  After following the published procedures without the camera being reconnected to the network, I contacted Arlo support to help figure out why the camera would go all the way through the set up procedure (even heard the chime) but not connect to my wifi.  This process stalls out (ends?) with a series of amber flashes - perhaps 6 - 8 flashes over a period of about 3 seconds.  

It seems as if this camera has lost its ability to communicate over my wifi network while at the same time, the three other cameras on this same network are working fine.  Is there any way to test the wifi capability of a camera?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bbodb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after a few days, the camera seems to be working - and recharging - as it should while on solar power.  The camera has recorded several clips (so power should have been used) but the current power level is at 99%.  It appears that all is working as it should be - which is great - but I still do not have a reasonable hypothesis as to why this camera was dropped from the network. 

I guess some things in life are just bound to be mysteries forever.  Oh well.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat happens if you disconnect the solar panel? 

bbodb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good evening @jguerdat - and thanks for asking.

Right now, I do not know the answer to that as the events which caused the camera failure (?) are not known.  I was not watching the power numbers on the four cameras all that closely over the last few weeks so I cannot honestly say if the solar panel was still working.  Since the camera went offline, I have not had a chance to do anything except attempt to diagnose this problem.  However, I do have some positive news here. 

I finally figured out why the camera would not attach to my wifi - and yes, it was an ID 10 T moment on my part.  I have resolved that issue, fully recharged the camera, and attached it back to the system.  The camera is working as it should.  However, IF this camera experienced an issue with respect to a solar panel failure, I still don't know that.  So to that end, I am going to watch this camera for the next few days and see if any pattern emerges with respect to recharging via the solar panel.  Later on, I will disconnect the solar panel cord and report those findings as well. 

More to follow... 

bbodb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after a few days, the camera seems to be working - and recharging - as it should while on solar power.  The camera has recorded several clips (so power should have been used) but the current power level is at 99%.  It appears that all is working as it should be - which is great - but I still do not have a reasonable hypothesis as to why this camera was dropped from the network. 

I guess some things in life are just bound to be mysteries forever.  Oh well.