Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up essential spotlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TR83
Follower
Follower

How long does it take to charge the Essential Spotlight Camera and if not fully charged would that cause the failure of the camera to connect with my phone. I have tried numerous times but have yet to succeed. 

When charging what indicates a full charge on the camera. 

1 REPLY 1
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think state of charge has a whole lot to do with linking the camera to the system.... just so it's not plum dead.  When the battery is fully charged on the camera... unless you disable the function... a bright blue LED will illuminate on the camera face.. while it's still hooked to the charger. As far as telling the state of charge of it while using the app... there is a battery icon on the app display.. that gives you an approximate charge level. With a few clicks (not going to go into it here) you can see the actual charge percentage. On the web version...just hover your pointer over the battery icon and it will show the percentage of charge.

Sometimes, these cameras are just plain recalcitrant and will not link up.... try and try and try, and your phone will see the QR code and give you the tell-tale "ding"... but after that it'll never link up.

I've got 9 cameras, and when I first got going, I had more trouble getting some of them to link...it was frustrating. Started out with 3 cams and expanded to 9.
   One day as I tried to link 3 of the newest cams, I sat here for a few minutes, staring at the phone... waiting for it to link....and decided to get up and go get something out of the kitchen.
   Sat the phone down on the counter.... about 20 feet from the camera.. and wham, it linked. Next cam... same scenario... waited and waited... got up and moved the phone away from the immediate vicinity of the camera and it linked right up. On the third one, didn't bother waiting.. .moved the phone a distance away from the cam and it linked right up.
   Not sure if them being right next to each other actually impedes the linking process or not... can't prove it one way or the other.. but, separating them sure didn't hurt the chances. Now, it's a superstition for me... I'll do it each time.