Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Camera stopped saving images to library

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
lenburt
Initiate
Initiate

I added this essential camera to my system which already had two older cameras about 90 days ago.  It worked fine and then a trial subscription ran out and it stopped saving images to my library.  The other two cameras save fine.  Is it possible this camera needs a subscription?  I do not really need those subscription features but now the camera is basically worthless. 

Can anyone help?

regards, len

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lenburt wrote:

Is it possible this camera needs a subscription? 

Yes.

The older cameras (pro and pro 2 among others) came with 7-day cloud storage.  The newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) don't have that, and you need a subscription to get any cloud storage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lenburt wrote:

Is it possible this camera needs a subscription? 

Yes.

The older cameras (pro and pro 2 among others) came with 7-day cloud storage.  The newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) don't have that, and you need a subscription to get any cloud storage.

lenburt
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks - i have started a subscription just for that camera. I am surprised at the requirement for  subscription -- i am sure i should have read the product information more carefully.  I just cannot fathom how Arlo can justify leaving a camera completely worthless once the *trial* expired. How can any camera be of value without persisting the videos for at least a short period of time?