Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Free trial disappeared

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AndiBee
Aspirant
Aspirant
My free says its valid for a month but yesterday (2 days in) the free trial options disappeared.
Can someone please let me know what steps to take to reinstate it?
Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may be that the trial has simply timed out after 3 months (can you verify that it's been less than 3 months since you first installed the cameras?), a removal and reconnection may be useful. It's my understanding that the trial is linked to your account so removal doesn't cancel the trial.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may be that the trial has simply timed out after 3 months (can you verify that it's been less than 3 months since you first installed the cameras?), a removal and reconnection may be useful. It's my understanding that the trial is linked to your account so removal doesn't cancel the trial.

AndiBee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our one month free trial began when we bought and installed the camera earlier this week. We had a day in which the trial worked as it should (saving videos of action outside in the library in the cellphone app. Enabling more than one zone to be set up etc)
Now no recordings are made, 1 zone only,
1st I set up and shared the device, then I accidentally bumped "remove this device". Then when I added it back, my app tells me I'm still within the free trial - but none of the free trial features are there, not in my app nor the persons I shared it with.
How do I go about getting them to re-appear?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check Settings, Subscription to verify the sub and then check Smart Notifications for proper settings as well as the camera settings and your modes and rules.

AndiBee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
Thank you for your suggestions.
I checked my subscription and discovered that its a 3 month trial ending on the 22nd of February. Screenshot attached.
Theres nothing in the options that says Smart Notifications any more -just "Notifications"
Screenshot_20211203-074558_Arlo.jpg
AndiBee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, thank you! Your recommendation of removing the camera did work - it hadn't worked when it was just me thst followed those steps, but it did work when both myself and the person with whom I had shared it both did those steps
Thank you.