Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
Jamie101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Absolutely appalled at spending $200 on a piece of tech that worked in an OK manner (not perfect) since we purchased back in February but after the latest firmware update does not work AT ALL, mostly won't even connect to the camera, just sits there buffering, if it does connect we only have video with no sound.  This issue needs to be fixed or Arlo need to be giving money back to those affected.  What is the point in a baby montitor that doesn't allow the parents to monitor the Baby????????

Disgusted this issue hasn't been rectified in the 5 days since it started

Lara09
Initiate
Initiate
After reading all of the comments, I now feel worse than I did before about this monitor. Maybe the reason they aren’t downgrading is because of a security problem they were trying to fix. What if this monitor is not secure and others can access our cameras? We wouldnt even be able to tell since there is no sound. I’m not sure if this is all even possible, I just have lost faith that Netgear knows what it is doing. I hope Netgear/Amazon has stopped sales until this is fixed. Otherwise this could possibly be consumer fraud. I think it’s strange people can’t write reviews on Amazon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eflo14, escy

Which mobile device are you using (iOS or Android)? Are you connected to WiFi or your mobile data? Do you see the same behavior using the web client?

JamesC

Eflo14
Aspirant
Aspirant
Coincidentally since posting this thread my Arlo Baby monitor has been working fine with the exception of no sound. I see that there will be a future update for this fix. Is there a time frame for this? Also what is the new head icon with waves in the lower right corner?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eflo14,

We hope to have the audio fix available very soon. The Icon you're referring to is the updated icon for the "Always Listening" feature.

JamesC

PiotrG
Aspirant
Aspirant
What’s going on after update iOS 12.0.1?
Seems like there is no sound over WiFi but as well over 4G mobile data communication
When the problem gonna be solved?? Is there somebody who knows that?
My cam is worthless and my baby can’t wait till someone gonna fixed it.....
Y24sad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I have managed to get live view working on my mobile internet. The only issue I have at the moment is when my device is connected to WiFi there is no sound so I cannot hear my baby Cry and you can’t leave it on sound only mode when you close Arlo app. It is disappointing for such a high priced device. The idea of baby Arlo was good hence why consumers purchased the product but sorry to say the I.t support you have is utterly rubbish you need to employ someone who can fix the problem with the software. This product is an important piece of kit for a parent and Netgear has let its customers down! And the worst part is they are not even dealing with the matter efficiently. Netgear don’t mind taking their time dealing with important issues that can save a toddlers life if a child was getting suffocated or in danger there is no sound!
Poohdeedoo
Tutor
Tutor
What a joke. Community manager or whom ever manages this forum, are a bunch of liars. Whatever was submitted to Apple to fix this stupid issue clearly either wasn’t submitted or was submitted and didn’t pass the Apple approval process. I’m honestly so dissatisfied and disappointed. I know the update was terrible but at the very least, roll back to the previous version! I’m beginning to feel like no one at netgear actually cares enough. What am I supposed to do with this camera now? I’m going away next week and was looking to take the camera with us. I can’t believe that i have to ponder the fact that I may have to buy another baby camera. So angry.
Satori101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unbelievable. Five days since the botched app release and STILL NO FIX! I bought a WyzeCam for $25 off of Amazon to get us by until Arlo cleaned up their mess. I never thought I'd still be using it almost a week later. But here we are. 

For anyone else looking for alternatives, the WyzeCam has worked surprisingly well for us. No temp/air monitoring, no nightlight, and no music playback. But video and sound quality is noticeably better than Arlo. And for literally 1/10th the price. 

Mmarlow
Guide
Guide

Interesting.  Does WyzeCam have active listening?

Satori101
Aspirant
Aspirant

It can do both sound and motion triggered alerts, if that's what you mean. And it also streams both sound and motion when monitoring via your iPhone or iPad. 

Mmarlow
Guide
Guide

do I need to have the app open and my phone/ipad unlocked, in order to hear the sound?  or can i continue to hear sound, when leave the app open, but lock the device?

Satori101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, I see what you mean. No, it doesn't appear that WyzeCam can do that. The app needs to be in the foreground with device unlocked to hear sound. Not a problem for us since that's not how we used our Arlo. 

Mmarlow
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the quick clarification.    We use the active listening function all the time on Arlo (assuming it's working of course) so that's a big deal for us unfortunately.  

AshleyVoss
Initiate
Initiate
The Arlo app recently updated on my iPhone 6 and I’ve lost sound on the app. The image is there but the sound is gone. Volume is up and mic setting is enabled. Any suggestions for a fix?
Lenaelisa93
Aspirant
Aspirant
I completely agree. This is absolutely absurd and completely disappointed in this product. From ZERO battery life therefore have to continue to stay plugged in to absolutely NO sound.

Something that is designed to help parents feel safe is actually stressing us out more! Wish our return date wasn’t past due.

Ridiculous.
jeepsterrw
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is not acceptable for a baby product. This is a serious risk to the wellbeing of the child and a completely unsafe childcare product for parents. Please advise on how we can get a full return asap.

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Couldn’t agree more re legal action. Funny how we were told this was submitted to the App Store on Monday, but here we sit on Wednesday evening and no update.

Also funny that the video feed is back to being pixelated. If it weren’t so infuriating, this would be a true comedy of errors.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m baffled at why they can’t roll back to the old app. Leaving customers hanging with a major bug is unacceptable

We need to make this issue more visible somehow.

Hectorb
Aspirant
Aspirant
This really is unbelievable coming from Netgear. I hope Nest releases a baby monitor/camera soon.
theobaldv
Tutor
Tutor
I contacted Netgear and this was their response..

Hi Victoria - Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your Arlo system. Unfortunately, you have sent a message to NETGEAR and our systems are no longer integrated. We recommend reaching out to the Arlo team at https://www.facebook.com/arlosmarthome/ for further assistance.
Awenke
Aspirant
Aspirant
After the new update the sound doesn’t play. After re-setting up it will play for just a few seconds and then cut off. Verified that sound does still work with older iOS version of app so new app does not work properly. Please fix new app soon.
budgiekelsey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also lost sound on Arlo Baby since the App update. I can hear baby when he’s crying- but no longer can hear breathing
CJSAS
Aspirant
Aspirant
So frustrated my phone automatically updated and now no sound! When/how is this going to be fixed? Can you atleast revert back to the previous update until its fixed??? We have the old version on our ipad thankfully until it updates itself..... can you stop it from updating itself????
budgiekelsey
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is really important to hear your baby breathing, but the new App update has dropped the sound through Arlo Baby. It picks up crying, not breathing now. Sound is extremely important for baby safety.