Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
ClayM
Guide
Guide

@dhpeter wrote:

Everyone just sounds so damn entitled on here.

Actually, you know what - the people complaining on here ARE entitled. They are people that spent a lot of money on a product that is pitched as premium, and as such are most certainly entitled to a product that works. They SHOULD expect that said product fulfills it's basic, core functionality.

The Arlo team screwed this up spectacularly, and I do not understand why you are white knighting for them. They have a community relations team, they don't need you. The fact that they have been so quiet is evidence as to them knowing what a colossal screwup it is. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is aware of the audio issue Arlo Baby users are experiencing when using the latest version of the iOS mobile app. We will have an update available to correct this as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, I will provide an update as soon as I have more informaton.

Workaround:

As a temporary workaround for this issue, we recommend users use Apple Homekit for local streaming. Take a look here for more information on how to set this up:  How do I connect my Arlo Baby camera to The Apple Home app on my iOS device?

* Connect your iOS device' WiFi to the same network as the base station

* Add the camera to HomeKit

* Open Home App

* Stream the Arlo Baby camera

If Homekit is not an option, try streaming remotely:

* Connect your iOS device's WiFi to a different network than the base station, or disable the iOS device's WiFI

* Open the app

* Play the camera

JamesC

swinguy
Guide
Guide
Dear JamesC,

Sorry but we are beyond the standard support message. Take a few seconds to write a more authentic message than the one broadcasted on every media. That would be more respectful for your customers, at least that’s how I feel about it.

Now, about the workaround:
- I just spend 20minutes trying to connect my Arlo Baby camera to HomeKit. The device never appeared on the list, whatever method I tried. I had previously succeeded, but the camera stopped working in Home app, so I had to disconnect and reconnect. But did not work. Could be Apple’s fault, but given the fact that I regularly need to reconnect the Arlo Baby camera to the app and Wifi, I tend to blame Arlo. That’s what you get when you deliver unstable products.

- Using the cellular network. If it worked, it would cost data, but let’s say that’s ok. Problem is, after a few minutes of having the device locked (and the always-on mode activated thanks to your new-and-totally-unintuitive icon), the app stops streaming the sound. Given what I have read in this forum, I am not the only one with that problem.

So may issues to fix, how exciting.

🤦‍♂️
BMichael319
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the Baby Monitor and then reset the camera with the reset button. Added the camera back and it all works as it should.

paul946
Initiate
Initiate
I have another idea. Everyone who is suffering from these issues go on Amazon and review the product. Amazon is a major source of their sales and if it only gets 2 stars, people will stop buying it. Netgear will adjust their attitude when sales fall.
paul946
Initiate
Initiate
I think Netgear is like most other companies. They pay more attention when sales are on the line. Post a review of the product where you purchased it. When the Amazon reviews show them losing stars, sales will be affected. Tell everyone to review!
Bahubaali
Tutor
Tutor

I just tried to write a review on Amazon. Amazon blocked the review due to too many "unusual" reviews for the product. Guess we'll all have to spread our review of the product via word of mouth. Their shareholders call is set for October 25, let's see if they fix their software by then. 

CollinsFamily
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue as others after update with no audio. Unbelievable such a critical flaw could be introduced. Surely some simple testing through a prerelease program would have caught this. It is called a regression test. So disappointed right now. Please message with a workaround if possible.

Actionjax
Star
Star

@Bahubaali wrote:

I just tried to write a review on Amazon. Amazon blocked the review due to too many "unusual" reviews for the product. Guess we'll all have to spread our review of the product via word of mouth. Their shareholders call is set for October 25, let's see if they fix their software by then. 

Ya I went on to update my review and couldn’t. Will need to wait a few days. 

Av8or1ab
Guide
Guide

Came here to say that I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else here. This is crap, and arlo should at least let us know a fix is in the works.

Voni
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here- re installed the app- one time sound works then drops again! Restart and everything did not help as well. Any solutions??? Baby cam with no sound is useless for obvious reasons
raptorvan
Initiate
Initiate
The clearly do not care about the parents that have spent their hard earned money on this hardware that has been buggy since day one. Pixelated image, delayed video and now no audio.... what a shame. Will never buy netgear products ever again.
piercegj
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is unacceptable to update the app on the middle of the night and have it break a critical feature. What a horrible experience this has been with the Arlo baby camera. Recommend buying anything else. It doesn’t do its basic jobs. This is my second device after the first one failed and had to be replaced under warranty. Now all these software issues.
Michaelgt
Guide
Guide
just use HomeKit till they fix it..I don’t think they know what they did to break it or it would have been fixed by now....
Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm the same. Updated the iOS app and lost all audio on my Arlo Baby live stream.

It records audio but I can't hear it live which defeats the baby monitor purpose of the device. Not happy!

Nickpng
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm the same. Updated to the latest iOS App and lost all LIVE AUDIO capability on my Arlo Baby which defeats the purpose of the device as a baby monitor.

NOT HAPPY!

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
From the CEO...

“The team posted a fix to Apple Store late last night and is requesting an expedited review so it can be released ASAP.“
theobaldv
Tutor
Tutor
How do you update it? Sorry for the silly question.
Ext66
Tutor
Tutor
App Store / updates / Arlo...
You can see it only when the update is available.
theobaldv
Tutor
Tutor
Ok its not there yet 😊 thought I was doing it right.
Ext66
Tutor
Tutor
That’s correct for the Arlo baby which has HomeKit capabilities (which I didn’t understand what I need them for until yesterday 😉 ). The problem is that the Arlo Pro 2 don’t have HomeKit....
Bbcam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Warning, no sound with iOS update, very dangerous.
JAndST
Guide
Guide
Jamesc
Thanks for the response from the development team ....
however:
I tried your work around using apple HomeKit. I get a video feed BUT still no audio feed.
Looking forward to your fix.
JAndST
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the reply.

A) FYI the HomeKit work around still has the same audio issue.

B) do you want us to upload the new version or is this an automatic update!

Cheers
Mmarlow
Guide
Guide
Is there a fix or an eta on when the sound and active listening issues will be resolved on the arlo baby camera and arlo app? This is a critical issue.