Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
Lynniejass
Initiate
Initiate
Absolutely insane. We are having the same issue with our Arlo Baby. This needs to be addressed immediately. My app auto upgraded in the middle of the night which is even more frustrating as it required me to re enter my password which i did not know as I use my fingerprint. This is completely unacceptable...very disappointed with Arlo company.
LueLars
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. It works fine via the Home app for apple HomeKit.

I get it to play sound in the arlo app when I do the following on iOS. Its a workaround till they fix it:

1. Close the arlo app
2. Turn off wifi, leaving it on 4G.
3. Open the arlo app. Sound is now working.
4. Turn on wifi from control center, while the app is still active.

This works for me at least, hope it works for others too untill they patch it up.
jennay5180
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried doing that. It would work for a few minutes and then go silent. I sure hope they figure this out quickly!!
nwametze
Tutor
Tutor
Argh... second night coming up. What a shame... guess the people from Arlo/Netgear don’t use their own product. How on earth can this be happening without a proper (no, not a standard) answer including an expected time for the fix? Waiting for the new week to begin?
Ndkallbreier
Tutor
Tutor
This a pathetic excuse of a response. So what are supposed to sleep on our children’s floors until you get it together.
It safe to say I will never buy another Arlo product. EVER and I will
Discourage every one I know from buying them as well .
Fabiennenelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Seems like every update there is a problem.
ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Lol, this is a joke, right? All devices except one old iPhone updated to the new app and you can no longer use the baby monitor as a baby monitor. Returning this and the other Arlo Baby monitor I bought last week ASAP if not fixed.

ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Hey, I tried your phone lock workaround. Does not seem to work for me with the same circumstances and settings. 

ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

This is a HUGE problem and many have already posted something in the community. I'm on the phone with customer service now. They're not helpful. 

jtlau
Tutor
Tutor
Work around isn't particularly useful if there is no cell service and rely on Wi-Fi.

Also, looks like it only affects the iPhone. Runs okay on iPad.
LivsMama
Tutor
Tutor
Are you running the newest version (2.6.0) on the iPad? Please share more details if possible. Thanks!
GooberUber
Tutor
Tutor
It’s worth noting that the audio collection and notification services work fine. Audio on recorded snippets also works. It’s exclusively live monitoring that’s the issue. It may not be ideal, but you should be able to get by for a day or two with just notifications
ChrisKalna
Guide
Guide

Still works if you login to your Arlo account on a laptop.

LittleGiant43
Tutor
Tutor
One day later and still no fix for this issue. Shame on you netgear. I suggest everyone reading this go to their App Store and leave as negative of a review as possible. This is completely unacceptable for a product that relies on the app to work to have the app not working. This should have been fixed hours after the botched update.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
Maybe posting on their twitter site might get more attention

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArloSmartHome/status/1054024536256000001
jtlau
Tutor
Tutor
Running version 2.5.5. IPad did not auto update apparently.
Charstiger
Initiate
Initiate
Two hours ago Arlo marketed their BROKEN baby monitor on their Facebook page. Classy.

Looks like their marketing department is just as incompetent as their engineering.
Marcuswendel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem after iOS app update
Lassiiboiii
Tutor
Tutor
Roll it back ... using this as out monitor! One of the most critical features is not working.. roll it back untill the fix is ready!
jimmarshall87
Star
Star

Same issue - latest iOS on iPhone and iPad. #fail

Ndkallbreier
Tutor
Tutor
No. Because on iPhones you can’t control the sound of the notification so when I’m asleep that notification is useless
ktrfrazier
Initiate
Initiate
Since my Arlo baby app just updated, we can’t get the sound to work., however when we open the app on our TV ( non updated app) the sound works perfect, what’s the issue?
simondv
Initiate
Initiate
Bahubaali
Tutor
Tutor

No sound on IOS 12.0.1 on iphone X. Arlo baby Hardware# 6, running firmware 1.8.5.3_21226. Sound works on desktop/website. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Same problem for me with our Arlo baby. Since update of iOS app yesterday, NO SOUND on live feed.
Arlo: could you please get on and either send another app update which fixes this or post a step by step fix.
Response to this issue is way way too slow on your part : no sound makes this monitor worthless!