Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
swinguy
Guide
Guide

Same problem here, the camera is useless and I have no way to monitor my child for the following night now. How dare you release a new version that is no working properly for one of its main features ? How irresponsible and careless are you?

iPhone X - iOS 12.0 : no sound.

iPad Pro - iOS 12.0 : no sound.

swinguy
Guide
Guide

Same here. I am so, so outraged.

Norwalian
Initiate
Initiate
Ditto. Appreciate the update as they seem few and far between as is with this product... but geez - a little testing on a product thats primary purpose is to not only monitor your most vulnerable clientele, but also give their parents some additional comfort when we put our littleones to bed. Roll it back or fix the update as a matter of priority! Very unhappy customer at the moment.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
IOS 12 version. No sound and pixelated video

This leads me to believe that a company like Netgear don’t have any kind of QA department

Worthless.
Actionjax
Star
Star
Ok everyone here is something wierd. I had my phone plugged into my Apple car play and ran the Arlo app to see if I could see my camera. Guess what. I have sound coming through the Audio in my car. Something tells me it works with a lightning connector to play audio. But not local on the phone. When I get home I’m going to try a Bluetooth speaker unless someone on here beats me to it. I’m not going to sleep in my car that’s for sure.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you manually record a video and playback it will have sound.

Tried it with my Bluetooth headset and no sound.
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
There is sound of you are on LTE and not within your WIFI network.
Totacion
Guide
Guide
nop, I just tried with my phone connected to a bluetooth device and it doensn’t work
Totacion
Guide
Guide
Yes, that’’s true. Just tried and works
Totacion
Guide
Guide
There is sound if you are on LTE and not within your WIFI network.
Scottthies
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue. Needs fixed asap
I-hate-arlo
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo sucks. This has been nothing but problems since the day I purchased. I have a cheap sound only monitor that I have to use since arlo is so unreliable. I check the video (when it it working). I implore everyone to make a complaint with the better business bureau. They can’t get away with taking our money for horrible products.
I-hate-arlo
Tutor
Tutor
I have had every problem since purchasing this expensive paperweight. Pixelation issues, sound issues, freezing issues, the list goes on and on. I actually purchased a sound only monitor to use - as it is 100% reliable and has instant noise - no long lag like arlo (when the sound decides to work). Bc of my basic sound only monitor I check the video only when alerted by the sound monitor.

If you have an issue contact the better business bureau. I had no luck with their support but low and behold they are responsive when you take it up a notch.

Now they update the app and it’s a joke. Change the icons, locations, and without explanation. Way to know your audience...worst baby product I have ever purchased.
Jess43566
Initiate
Initiate
So if you disconnect from
WiFi and use LTE data there IS a sound. HOWEVER-wouldn’t suggest this overnight without unlimited data obviously. Interesting troubleshooting. Probably why another user said it worked in the car-wasn’t Bluetooth related but rather network related.
simon054
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Guys. I'm currently on the phone to Arlo/Netgear reporting this shocking glitch in the latest app update. If we all do the same and REPORT THE FAULT (rather than just writing and whingeing about it in these pages) then hopefully it will be put through to the app developers for correction ASAP...

PEOPLE POWER!! Call them or email them NOW!!! 

SeanTracey09
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just purchased an Arlo Baby. I have both the old and the new app on different devices.. The old app streams both video and audio. The new app, on two different devices, streams ONLY video. This is a HUGE BUG with the new app update 2.6. It is an app problem as the old app works fine. A baby monitor is only 25% as useful without sound. Please fix ASAP.
SeanTracey09
Aspirant
Aspirant
I filed a case number (# 40529649) but their customer service was hard to understand and file my complaint incorrectly. They said I wasn’t picking up sound, but the problem is I can not get audio through the app. I have IOS 12.0 and Arlo app 2.6.
CloudKicker
Aspirant
Aspirant

We should all email the board. The camera has been giving us nothing but trouble since day 1. And this no sound issue is a nightmare.

investor.netgear.com/governance/board-of-directors/default.aspx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is aware of this issue and will have an update available as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, I will post again as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

theobaldv
Tutor
Tutor
We're the same. No sound and not receiving push notifications
swinguy
Guide
Guide
Sending a template message will not help us think you are taking this issue and your total lack of quality control seriously. We are not talking about some minor inconvenience here. We use your products to take care of our children, to feel safe, to spend a good night. You don’t seem to realize the severity of the emotional impact that each problem we have with your products has on us, your customers. I live in France where we can’t take a class action as easily as in the US, but I sure hope your American customers will sue you strongly enough so you get serious about making a product that is as reliable as it should be.

By the way, using the cellular network instead of the local WiFi, as suggested by others, seems to work indeed. Except I am using a WiFi only iPad to monitor my child at night. And I wonder how much cellular data the app would consume if turned on all night anyway...
Jdcarney82
Aspirant
Aspirant
As a a father, I am now in trouble for purchasing this item. Continual issues with the App.

Last thing Arlo needs is a bunch of upset moms.. Will not help sales.

Not sure how this update was pushed out to the public. Are these apps tested prior to release?

Extremely frustrating.
typeraj
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC @ShayneS Once again deleteing user posts because you dont want to engage in awkward conversations. But you're more than happy to hide behind a canned message. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Since this morning (20th Oct) - when Arlo decide to update their app - I have no sound on my iOS nor when live streaming nor when the app is open in the background.
This is not alloved on a baby monitoring app!!
You are crazy, People!
Also, the menu and buttons are completely changed!!
Solve the problem ASAP!!
I will not sleep tonight as I need to hear my baby.
This camera is stupid, waste of money!
Psomaggi
Guide
Guide
This is incredible. Same thing here - iPhone X, iOS 12 and the new app. I encouraged my wife to update too, not realising there was no sound from my app, and now we cannot hear our child. 12 hours Netgear... you have 12 hours.