Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
298 REPLIES 298
Sea_J_Sea
Guide
Guide
Same for me. Thing has been buggy since we decided to go with it. Only reason we did was to have all of our security cameras available in one app. Not worth the money, music library never works, streaming has been pixelated, and now the audio doesn’t work. That just can’t happen.
Blstone
Initiate
Initiate
kmmcnulty1
Initiate
Initiate
Has anyone contacted support and received any further information or help?
Dromero80
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue. This makes the camera worthless. Any update from Arlo?
nwametze
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here, worthless product...

iJRambo
Tutor
Tutor
No audio issue on iOS live view with App version 2.6.0 released Oct 16,2018. I found a work around when using HomeKit you can add it to your devices and hear sound until the app is software is fixed.
iJRambo
Tutor
Tutor
No audio issue on iOS live view with App version 2.6.0 released Oct 16,2018. I found a work around when using HomeKit you can add it to your devices and hear sound until the app is software is fixed.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No one mentions which app...IOS Or Android... sort of needed info if you expect Arlo to see this and fix it

Just tested my Android S7 and all is fine

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Blstone
Initiate
Initiate

Having same issue. Frustrated. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

need to know which APP...IOS or Android

Morse is faster than texting!
Sea_J_Sea
Guide
Guide
IOS 12.0.1
Totacion
Guide
Guide
Can’t believe. I just bought Arlo Baby yesterday and was awesome. I update de app today and the Sound it’s off. Please fix it asap.
Totacion
Guide
Guide
Can’t believe. I just bought Arlo Baby yesterday and was awesome. I update de app today and the Sound it’s off. Please fix it asap.
peteypie04
Initiate
Initiate
Phone automatically updated to the new app in the middle of the night, now I’m not sleeping as I’m trying to get the sound working.. so much stress. Please fix ASAP. What is the point of having a monitor without sound.
Tired mumma
Sea_J_Sea
Guide
Guide
Yes, they said they’re aware of the issue and trying to come up with an action plan.
pamebert
Tutor
Tutor

Maybe it's the "Always Listening" icon?  However, seeing as how there is no sound at all with the new update, seems pretty pointless to have this icon at all!  Sure would be helpful to get an announcement as to what is changing and how to work the new app.  Even better, it would be great to have the new firmware work as it's supposed to.  Incredibly disappointed.

Julio5622
Initiate
Initiate
Agree. New app update is terrible. NO SOUND whatsoever from baby monitor. Fix asap!!!
RussUK
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here. No audio from Arlo Baby monitor. A CRITICAL feature broken. Fix needed as a priority please Netgear.

Woke up this morning to find the App had automatically updated to v2.6.0 (on IOS 12.0.1) and that the audio feature has stopped working.. Two hours of trying to get it to work but to no avail. Last thing we needed as sleep deprived parents!

How on earth did this release make it through your QA and UAT phases Netgear?!

Please, please, please fix this immediately or roll back to previous version while you work out what went wrong!

Please don’t leave us parents in the lurch.
Matt791
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue, very frustrating. Was able to get the sound to work once after deleting and reinstalling the app but it stopped shortly after and hasn't worked since. luckily I was able to catch the wife before she updated hers. This needs to be fixed ASAP. It's a very expensive paper weight if it can't monitor sound...

jaydayclay
Star
Star
Same for me. Another stellar release! Is the Arlo Baby team just one person? How was testing the audio somehow overlooked?
kekurutz
Initiate
Initiate

No audio on my Arlo Baby anymore either after app update to 2.6.0..........

mx71
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue on both an iPhone and iPad, both with the new version of the app. Sound is working on my Android tablet with what seems like the older version.

ABYasa
Initiate
Initiate
No more sound from arlo baby camera!! Need an urgent update to fix this issue. Are u out of your mind arlo ?
Poohdeedoo
Tutor
Tutor
Um, what the hell!? No sound on my arlo baby.!! So unreliable! When is this going to be fixed?!
Poohdeedoo
Tutor
Tutor
So, when will this be fixed!? This camera is useless without sound! Can’t hear my child.. HOW did arlo miss this part of testing? Or was it even tested. Wow. Fix it, you will have lots of angry parents soon!