Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to the newest iOS app with the refreshed interface and both my wife and I are unable to hear audio on our baby monitor now. Please fix ASAP.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the most recent version of the Arlo Mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version available from the app store. For more information, take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.1 -25th October 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

298 REPLIES 298
Todd6829
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same issue here. No sound when watching live
Talbot983
Initiate
Initiate
Wife and I have the same issue, restarted everything after app updates and not sound when watching or live-streaming. Hope they fix this soon, it’s the reason we chose Arlo baby :(.
Ehadchiti
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue. Just updated the app and no sound.
Actionjax
Star
Star

Same issue. If it’s not one thing it’s another. They fix one thing and they break something else that’s huge. 

Actionjax
Star
Star

Except the app is broken. No sound anymore on my Arlo Baby. This makes a baby monitor useless. 

Gotamutt
Initiate
Initiate
IPhone just did an update and I have no sound. when watching live view. I have been thought all the settings, rebooted the phone, checked the phone volume and restarted the device and still nothing. Recorded video has sound and when I checked it out on a pc, it has sound.. any suggestions?
TomTarantino
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem. After update, no sound. Makes the entire thing useless. Please fix ASAP
TomTarantino
Initiate
Initiate
Replied to this on another thread. Same issue. No sound. Can't have bugs like this in a baby monitor. Makes the entire product useless. Need to fix this in hours not days.
Cheston97
Initiate
Initiate
+1, this is perhaps the most important feature to have working.
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
Two problems with the new iOS firmware.
1)The new iOS firmware did shot down the sound in live view with Arlo Baby.

2) “Alway listening” symbol is gone.

iOS 2.6.0 has this problem. Please correct the at ones.
typeraj
Tutor
Tutor

+1

I don't understand how you managed to break such a crucial feature. Every single firmware update has broken something. What are your engineers doing all day? 

Release Details:

Arlo Baby FW 1.8.5.3_21226

• Fixed an issue that caused pixilation when streaming locally
  • Improved connectivity for Always Listening/Baby Monitoring - REALLY???? @JamesC
  • Homekit improvements

Sorry, bit off topic but I'm still about your decision to string everyone along with the promise of a dedicated display. 

Geraintj
Initiate
Initiate
Very risky to change the app appearance and layout when a product comes with a manual! What does the new head with wifi symbol on arlo baby all mean!?

Thanks
Majken
Tutor
Tutor
Fix today!!!!!!!!!
Majken
Tutor
Tutor
Yes totally! New design sucks!
Geraintj
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, its also not possible to refresh the screen that lets you select activity area anymore! We have to hope and guess! New app needs to be rolled back. It doesnt match the advertises product on the box, or even the pictures in the appstore! We need to all be sent a new manual at least!
Majken
Tutor
Tutor
Roll back the old app - this is a joke!!!!
chiefmongo
Guide
Guide

I am having the same problem.  Sound is the most critical part of a baby monitor... and for them to release this update with it not working at all is completely unacceptable.  Do they not have a Quality Assurance team?  This should be a basic feature they should regression test before every release.

Also, what is that new icon with the head and the lines in the lower right hand corner?  It seems to be related to the audio in the background (which is hard to test when the audio doesn't work correctly).  It seems to want to stream the audio when the face image has an "x" and not when it has the "speach lines".  Isn't this the opposite of what it should be?

Sweet mother of god this is a botched update.

J-A-C
Initiate
Initiate
Same here and it’s not the only issue. The app crashes when sound is downloaded and what’s in the music library doesn’t play. Screen freezes when selecting volume controls.
ReaXion
Guide
Guide
Same here. My baby monitor is now worthless. Netgear is getting terrible. I have a range of Netgear products, sadly. They’re all going downhill. They can’t make router firmware properly. Now they can’t make app software properly..

You’ve just broken the reason for having a baby monitor in the first place. Why add support for new products when you obviously can’t get it right with the ones you have? Completely aggravating!!!
Ironhorse5
Tutor
Tutor
Just updated Arlo App to latest version on 10/20/18. Can no longer hear sound from baby monitor over app. Still get audio alerts but I can’t hear the sound over speakers on phone.
Chrisjamie2012
Guide
Guide
Same
Chrisjamie2012
Guide
Guide
How does Netgear keep screwing this up? I could not recommend ArloBaby to anyone; it is not reliable and not worth putting your child in jeopardy.
Sea_J_Sea
Guide
Guide
After new software update, Arlo baby audio stopped working On all devices. Did a hard reset and it worked again for a couple minutes and then stopped again. Seems like a software issue, as device still reports notifications of baby crying alerts and audio detected.
Actionjax
Star
Star

There is already a topic started on this.