Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Nick_B
Guide
Guide

Before the current update I could watch my baby in fullscreen. Now the double arrow to see to full screen is gone. I can only rotate to full screen when viewing previous videos in the library, not live video.

How can I fix this? There's no point in me having a baby monitor if i can't see my baby on it.

70 REPLIES 70
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi PghMama,

For the incorrect temperature readings, feel free to look at this article to recalibrate: How do I recalibrate Arlo Baby’s temperature, humidity, and air quality sensors?

2.13.1_27040 is the latest Arlo Android app version. You can check what Arlo Android app version you're running by tapping on the 3 dots on the top-right corner > Settings > About.

Everleigh41819
Aspirant
Aspirant
No full screen option either on samsung galaxy s9
Mottiman
Tutor
Tutor

Really bad update. Having the same issue, with only a partial UI load/fullscreen arrow/sensor reading icons missing. You should roll back your app to previous version. 

Nqazi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I figured it out. I have a Samsung S8+ and if the screen resolution on your phone is higher than 1080, it won't give you the full screen option. Check to see if your phone is in WQHD+ mode. If it is, change it to FHD+. Arlo developers need to fix that.
Nick_B
Guide
Guide
Hi Nqazi,

My phone resolution doesn't change, but the ability to use full screen changes intermittently.
AnnetteLeslie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello JessicaP! It's an Arlo Baby 1080p. Please find screen shot attached. It should come up on the upper right corner.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Experiencing this on at least 2 android device myself.

One is a OnePlus 7, seems to never have the full screen button any more. Other is a Pixel 2 which is intermittent. Sometimes solved by exiting and launching the app again.

Maybe something to do with screen resolution, possibly linked to auto-rotate setting? I can find any consistency.

Both Android 10 latest patches.
Both auto-updating Arlo apps, so 2.14.1_27065 currently.
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
Are there any updates on this issue?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team was able to identify the issue and is working on the fix for this. We'll be sure to let you know when this fix is released. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this.

Veeobey
Aspirant
Aspirant
We use a Lenovo tablet and had the same issue. By disabling enabling touch logon it fixed the issue. My app version is 2.15_27095
jrathbu2
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same issue. i cannot expand the screen. and i also cant see my library. i have a google pixel 3. 

ScottyGB83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just seen update 2.16_27097 was released on 28th April. Issue still remains after this update. Do we have any update on when the developers will have a fix for this.
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
I updated to the latest version this morning and can confirm the issue still persists.
BuffaloTiger641
Tutor
Tutor
Both my phone and my wife's phone are having the exact same issue and it's been going on for a couple months now on and off again. I check the play store on a daily basis for app updates on both phones and have the latest Arlo app and it is still causing problems where I can't expand the screen for Arlo baby. I have 5 Arlo cameras including this one and this is the most important one and Arlo is constantly having issues with the baby camera. This camera still flickers all the damn time too. This shouldn't be happening. Put more money into hiring software people to fix these damn issues. This is unacceptable!!! 😡

Phones are Google pixel XL 2
Google fi
We use finger print login only
Happens on both Wi-Fi and cellular
Android 10 with latest security update
Arlo app Version 2.16_27097
ScottyGB83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but for me each time I get the no full screen option I change the auto rotate option on my device. So if it's off I turn it on, if on I turn off. The full screen option appears every time I change the setting. Tested on Samsung Tablet and Huawei mobile. It's crazy how it's not been fixed after so long.
rsena
Tutor
Tutor
Turning on/off the auto rotate does not work.y wife and I are only seeing this issue on our Pixels. We also have a Kindle fire hd 8(2017 or 2018) and have never seen this on that device.
Trelleviken
Aspirant
Aspirant
Starting to regret getting Arlo baby cam. There is always a problem with it. Either it falls out and doesn't recognize the WiFi or it has a delay on the camera and sound for about 1-2 minutes or like now it missing the full screen button on all my devices. Got a Samsung galaxy Tab A 10 and it worked fine in full screen mode until 6 weeks ago then it started to miss the button about 10% of the time we logged in. Now we never get the full screen button no matter how many times we log inn or out or reinstall the app or hard reset the camera. Getting really annoyed with all of the work I have to put into it!
Mottiman
Tutor
Tutor
I've found a workaround for my Huawei mate p20 pro.

When I open the app, and close it slowly by minimizing the window size slowly (dragging my finger slowly from the bottom of the screen), and then reopen the app, the arrows reappear. This works when using "gesture" as system navigation in Android.

I guess this works because the problem is related to display size, and the smart resolution feature of Android is causing the problem. The GUI is probably coded in fixed size, so when the animation (by minimizing the window slowly) hits a certain window size, the arrows appear.

This works every time for my mate p20 pro, and my p30
BriSil
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still having this issue nearly 3 months later. When is this going to be fixed?
MWFD
Star
Star

Thank you! Arlo - you should compensate this person because they've provided more support than anyone I've ever encountered on these forums - and I've been on here ALOT since purchasing the Arlo Baby in 2018. Never buying Arlo product again.  

Thanks again @Mottiman !

EDIT: just wanted to add the model I have (Google Pixel 3 XL but I imagine this workaround will work on many Android devices. Ridiculous that this is the solution but Arlo...

rsena
Tutor
Tutor
Trying to do the slow close is a hit an miss for me. It looked to have worked 3-4 times out of every 10 attempts.
vub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using most current Android app, I randomly touched the wifi icon at the bottom of my 1/4 screen video feed. The full screen arrows immediately appeared and I easily switched to full screen. Hoping that works for others. 

rsena
Tutor
Tutor
On the latest Android patch(June 5th) and updated to the latest Arlo version (2.17.1_28025). The full screen icon was there for the first two openings. After that I have not seen the full screen icon on my phone.
wdtillman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Baby
App Version: 2.17.1_28025
Camera Firmware: 1.9.13.0_815
Google Pixel 2
Android 10
Verizon Wireless

I'm having the same problem. I cannot seem to view my camera fullscreen. There are no arrows, or any logical button to push on the screen. When is this going to be fixed?

wdtillman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, this really weird. I just went and tried it on my wife's iPhone, and she had the arrows. I come back, and the app has logged me out, and now I can see the arrows. What? Why did that happen?