Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
marcusl
Star
Star
Hi,

Post the latest update we finally have audio again! Thanks Tema Arlo.

However we have two persistent issues that are happening at night.

1. App keeps crashing and we are losing audio/vide at night
2. The ‘live’ streaming sometimes is 5-10 minutes behind?

My wife are I are iPhone users running ios12.0.1 and the latest arlo app 2.6.1. We both have issues with number one which is extremely distressing when you can’t hear your baby and have a decent night sleep as your’re worrying about them, but number 2 only seems to be happening on her device which is an iPhone 7 Plus.

Since the new update I have deleted the app and factory reset arlo baby to ensure it working properly with the new updates.

Help!
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

marcusl,

When you say the app crashes, does it provide any error messages?

Are you streaming locally or are you using mobile data to stream? Do you see the same behavior regardless of which connection you are using?

JamesC

marcusl
Star
Star

Hi James, 

No it doesnt provide any error message - it just seems to crash and i need to re-open the app and login again. 

We are streaming locally via WiFi. 

When the issues started after the last update (when audio wasnt working on wifi) we did use 4G and that timedout after 10 or so mintues (im assuming due to network), however, with the latest update, WiFi seems to last a little longer - but all i can assume is Arlo is losing its data connection (potentially due to timeout/internet dropout/wifi dropout). Surely if the data drops out, Arlo would try and reconnect? 

cheer,s

Marcus 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this issue happening after updating to iOS 12.1?

marcusl
Star
Star
Don’t know if it was happening pre iOS 12.0.1.

It seems like other users are also having the same problem with several new threads about it disconnecting /app crashing when on always listening mode.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This is referring on the latest iOS version, which is iOS 12.1. Make sure that when you are running the app that you have "App Background Refresh" turned on for the Arlo app. You can check this by going to iPhone Settings > General > Background App Refresh. Make sure it is on WiFi and toggle on for Arlo if it isn't already.

marcusl
Star
Star
Yep this is on!
marcusl
Star
Star
But the always listening seems to crash after a while
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried to uninstall the app, restart your phone, and reinstall the app to see if the crashing is still causing problem?

Bachmannmikew
Tutor
Tutor
I have been having the same issues. Ever since the update this monitor is crap. I wake up most nights and it has stopped working at some point and I have no audio or video. It is also hard to sleep with the audio on because it skips so much. It will be on the.n off then on then off every few seconds and sometimes the audio will disappear for a minute and then come back. I wish they would just go back to the previous version.
It is also just buggy in general. I frequently have to close the app and restart it because it gets stuck in full screen and won’t let me out or the video somehow is smaller and will only let me swipe it shut from the side instead of the bottom of the screen.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation