Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MCEAGA
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are desperate for help. I purchased 3 Arlo Baby cameras to use as Baby Monitors in conjunction with my Ipad. For the first few months they generally worked well aside from a few hitches. However about 1 week ago, all 3 cameras will stop streaming between 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. Numerous times in the middle of the night the camera has stopped and I have woken up to the baby screaming bloody murder. The screen is just the still shot with the play icon that you press prior to going to the live stream. 

I have seen other people report this without any solid resolution of the problem.

I have tried every form of trouble shooting. Resetting the cameras, updating app, firmware, rebooting Ipad. 

Does anybody know if the company has addressed this? Is this not a major safety issue? The number one most important thing for a baby monitor/camera is reliability which is now sorely lacking. The anxiety this is causing our family is enormous and it’s too late to return the products. 

If help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MCEAGA

I was reviewing your case & would like to know if the issue has since been resolved, or if you need further assistance?

MCEAGA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. Yes unfortunately the same issue is ongoing. Do you have any recommendations?

Best,

Mike

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have any changes with your network? Are there anymore devices streaming or added when this issue started to arise? May I ask what your upload/download speed is from your ISP?

MCEAGA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have any changes to the network or new devices that I am aware of. My download speed is 39.1 and upload is 43.1 

The issue is a little better now, lasts 3-4 hours before stopping. I think you’re right though and has something to do with speed. I noticed more “buffering” recently in the stream. But strangely my speed test is the same. 

Does the camera time out if the speed is too low or there is more buffering? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MCEAGA

With the ideal scenario in hopes to resolve this easily, it would be from devices streaming and using bandwidth all at the same time, Netflix, web surfing, gaming etc while the Arlo Baby cams & possibly your other Arlo cams if applicable are streaming/recording. The other tricky part is you said they did happen to work okay 3 months ago. If one camera had a defect that would be one thing, but I don't see that happening with 3 cams simultaneously. 

MCEAGA
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense. I can’t pinpoint anything where we used more bandwidth suddenly but have tried to eliminate any extraneous apps etc. Doesn’t seem to change anything as yet. Are the speeds on the speed test sufficient to maintain the streaming and do slower speeds cause the streaming to stop? How come the camera just doesn’t slow down/buffer more when the speed is slower, instead it just stops?!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MCEAGA

Since all three cameras are appearing to have identical symptoms, is there any chance you can test a camera or two on a different network than yours?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Its a broken product that's unreliable and not fit for a baby monitor.

If you can return it and purchase something else that's probably the best resolution.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation