Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
acaus
Tutor
Tutor
I purchased an Arlo Baby 10 days ago. It worked brilliantly for 5 days and out of the blue it started losing connection and never reconnecting. I did the power discharge a number of times, reset the camera about 5 times. It reconnects, works for a couple hours then the amber light go flashing (no connection).

It sits 5m from my wifi router. My whole house has smart devices and streaming devices. None complaining both the network and internet are fast in every corner of the house.

Will be returning this first thing next week unless anybody here knows of any quirks that I am not aware.

Wondering if the issue started with the latest firmware update...
14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't need to drain the power... there is a switch for the battery under the feet.

But have you done a full reset?  Hold in reset for about 10 secs till the front led flashes and then resync as if new.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
acaus
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, i’ve done the factory reset - holding the reset button till amber light goes solid (booting). Once it starts flashing then all the setup again..... then it will work for a little time and then will become a pumpkin again..
acaus
Tutor
Tutor
And by the way, the powerdischarge is removing the power adapter and turning off the switch for about 10s....

Tried also with it running on a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi links and both had similar results. The camera works for a couple of hours then it disconnects and will never reconnect again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

acaus,

This sounds like it could be an issue with the Arlo Baby device. I encourage you to contact and open a case with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Alex99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you get your problem sorted as this is exactly what is happening to me!! I’m so over this and am definitely telling others not to go Arlo!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex99,

Can you give more detail about what you are experiencing? Are you seeing an error message in your Arlo app or are you seeing an amber LED as described in the original post here? What are you doing when you experience an issue?

JamesC

Alex99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

It’s an amber flashing light. It just says it can’t find the camera. I had it connected for an afternoon and since then it won’t find it. I get right up to the QR code it chimes and then nothing! I’m really getting over this product and am telling everyone of the issues as looking in the community it doesn’t look like it’s just me!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex99,

A flashing amber light means it's not connected to your router. Did you remove the camera from your Arlo account? If so, try factory resetting and then go through the claiming process again to see if you experience the same results.

How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

JamesC

Alex99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have done a factory reset.
I have also tried turning on/off my internet and phone.
This is ridiculous! It worked for an afternoon then changed it’s mind!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex99,

When logging in to your Arlo account is anything present under Settings > My Devices?

JamesC

Alex99
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is nothing
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex99,

Okay, so as long as you've completed the factory reset you should be able to claim the camera again. Do you have a computer that is connected to the same network that you could try going through the claiming process with?

JamesC

Alex99
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, not ok. A factory reset has done nothing. I have also tried it on a computer and on a different wifi and nothing at all!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex99,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation