Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problems with arlo baby and netgear account

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Marcus555
Aspirant
Aspirant
1. I recently purchase Arlo Baby. I got everything working. However, when i clicked on manual recording, it always prompts me "The device fails to connect, please try again" on my android phone. Same thing happened on my wife's iphone "cannot establish connection to media". Im connected through my network 5G.

2. Tried live chat but keeps on giving me blank page. Tried email support but "NEXT" button doesnt submit my query.

3. I registered my account through arlo app. However, whenever i try to log in netgear account, i always get prompted that i havent verified my account. No matter how many times i click on resend verification to my email, it didnt send to me. Is not in junk or whatever. Hence i tried creating a fresh account on netgear website using my cousins gmail (which is this current acct), it worked.

Can u guys please verify my email? Please pm me as i couldnt register for my product warranty and cant get any support on my registered email.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marcus555,

It sounds like there could be a signal issue between the Arlo Baby and your router. If the camera is in a different room, or relatively far from the router, try connecting to the 2.4 GHz band to see if you get better results.

Email verification can only be completed using the email address where you set up Arlo Baby. Be sure you are checking the correct email address for the verification email.

JamesC

Marcus555
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. Thanks for the reply.

I will try the 2ghz and let you know the result.

For the email verification issue, whenever i use the email that i created in arlo app to login to netgear community, it will always ask me to verify and apparently netgear didnt send me any verification email when i clicked on resend. The thing is i already verified when arlo sent me the verification email.
Manamuchacha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi regarding the netgear acct it has been settled as ive finally received the netgear verification. Thanks 🙂

Just want a quick check, im on the base plan, do i need to subscript to use the manual recording feature?
Manamuchacha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ive tried connecting to 2ghz to my network, connection is at 100%. Manual recording still not working and prompted me "Device failed to connect, please try again"

Ive attached a pic of my firmware. Am i on the latest firmware? If not, how can i update it as there is not update button beside.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Manamuchacha,

Firmware updates occur automatically. Your firmware is current. This error usually indicates an issue with the cameras connection with the router. Try moving the camera close to your router (within a few feet) and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Manamuchacha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. Ive tried placing the camera near to my router and same thing happens. The shot capture is working as it manages to capture photo and store into the library.

My connection now sits at 100% and using asus router. Is there any setting that needs to be change in order for the recording to work? The router is already connected to the device
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Manamuchacha,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation