Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 71 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
jens1981
Initiate
Initiate

I updated my arlo baby and the ios app (ios12) and still have the pixelation in the live view - also i have the sound problem in my app that is described in other threads.

Do i have to reset my arlo baby or is there anything i can do? I´m disappointed that the issue still is not fixed.

71 REPLIES 71
Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice

The firmware update to Arlo baby fixed the pixelation issue and then the app update on IOS brought the pixelation back!

Seriously... why is this so complicated?

Swiggles
Star
Star

Seriously how is it that the HomeKit live view is faster and not pixelated but you can’t get your own app to it!? It’s pathetic honestly.

Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Confirmed pixelation is back! But we get sound. Ha!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Could you answer the following below regarding pixelation problem?

• What iOS device are you using (model and iOS version)?
  • Does the pixelation issue occur across other devices? (On Android, Web, or other iOS device)?
  • Have you updated to version 2.6.1 for the Arlo app?
  • Have you updated to the latest firmware for Arlo Baby (version 1.8.5.3_21226)?
  • Does this happen on WiFi or cellular data? Or both?
  • Is the pixelation issue occur all the time or intermittent? 
  • Provide screenshots showing pixelation.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

#Metoo

not even shocked anymore

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please see attached photo of my pixelation during streaming over wifi.

• iOS 12.0.1 (iPhone X and iPad Air 2)
  • Does the pixelation issue occur across other devices? (On Android, Web, or other iOS device)?
    • Unsure.  I only run the stream over iOS devices.
    • Yes.
  • Have you updated to the latest firmware for Arlo Baby (version 1.8.5.3_21226)?
    • I'm running 1.8.6.2_22781 (assuming this is a beta build, as I was formerly assisting with tests involving HomeKit issues)
    • WiFi only.
    • Intermittent.  Pixelation flashes randomly, but continuously.  Does not always appear in the same area.
    • Please see below.

pixel.jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Kellte2,

Thanks for filling out the information! If you are running the beta build, refer to this link: Arlo’s New Test Portal Seeks Beta Testers for Field Trials

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
    • iOS 12.0.1 (IPAD) & Galaxy S8
    • Ipad / Android (connecting both devices cures pixalation, for a while anyway)
    • 2.6.2-22800
    • I'm running 1.8.5.3_21226 
    • WiFi only.
    • for a while its fine, however evne so you see the pixels getting worse then every 5 secs a refresh sorts, then afetr a few mins its just unwatchable, logging on with another device cures
    • Screenshot_20180906-185043_Arlo.jpg

• As Above
  • Just as a personal thought, how does a product get this so wrong, and so wrong TWICE!!! , this is the main function of the product and support so far has been lacking.

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP wrote:

Hey @Kellte2,

Thanks for filling out the information! If you are running the beta build, refer to this link: Arlo’s New Test Portal Seeks Beta Testers for Field Trials

I've logged into the Test Portal, but I'm not enrolled in any field trials.  Not sure why I have this newer version of the firmware loaded on my device.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @markprior,

Thanks for providing more information. If you are experiencing this issue on WiFi only, try to turn off Bluetooth on your devices and connect to your router's 5GHz WiFi network instead of 2.4 GHz network.

@Kellte2,

If you are on version 1.8.6.2_22781, there might be a chance you were part of the field trial. I would suggest try emailing to beta@arlo.com with the problems you are experiencing. If you would prefer to go on the latest production firmware, which is version 1.8.5.3_21226, let me know.

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Jessica

All you mention i have tried, to add to this using a second device at the same time clears the problems, which suggests its not wifi or device issues.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is the quality i get from my arlo brick, as others have vented frustration i to am at the point i want a refund, what should i do next im likley past the point the reseller will sort as i have persisted and hoped for a fix, but all that's come is one rubbish excuse after another and even worse updates.

https://youtu.be/jGXewzYsecY
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this issue still occurring even after updating your iPad to iOS 12.1? Could you also try seeing if you are experiencing this issue through the web client on the computer?

Swiggles
Star
Star
The iOS update has nothing to do with your developers not know how to properly interface video into an app. iOS, android, and pc all pixelate. Everything is up to date. I’m even using orbi with 205mps download speed. I do notice that it is much worse when my iPhone 7 + is on a different satellite from the baby-cam.

But no pixelation when I use the iOS Home app, and a half a second delay at the most on the Home app. Why can’t the inverters do that!?

Maybe you are trying to make the camera do more than it’s processor can handle to give efficient video. Home app doesn’t display temp, humidity, or air quality. Also doesn’t do any of the music either not that I ever use that.
Swiggles
Star
Star
I should say that the pixelation has improved for the most part. But this afternoon after reconnecting the power cable the pixels were horrible and the delay was 10-15 seconds. iPhone 7plus on iOS 12.1
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes it happens after 12.1, yes it happens on PC / Laptop, Yes it happens on Android.  No its not my WIFI, No its not the 10 devices i could try it on, No its not my internet speed, yes it is the poor quality & development of the application / hardware you provide.  Wasted months of my time on this now, 

I dont mean the above to sound rude but i have patiantly waited for fixes, answered all questions previously & i am now at the point where i and many others feel your product is

a.) NOT safe

B.) NOT  fit for purpose

I also believe this and other problems are known to Arlo or the Arlo remote view screen would have been around by now, i think the same issues we are having you are.

How do i process a refund through yourselves please.........

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Swiggles and @markprior,

Let me create a case for you and have our support team help you further. I have sent you a PM to gather more information.

Swiggles
Star
Star
Still having same issues even after updates. The ticket did nothing and I don’t see the point when the entire community has the same issues.
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same as above i wasnt contacted around the case for weeks until i pushed, and when i was contacted this is the answer i got

This is Perflor from Level 2 Technical support. Your case has been endorsed to me, I will do my best to resolve your case and appreciate your patience. After reviewing your case history and with the information you provided, ****please be informed that currently this is a known issue for Arlo Baby cameras****. Our engineers are already aware of this issue and are currently working hard to find a fix for this issue. We will provide you updates as soon as the fix for this issue has been released.

@Arlo

Make your engineers work faster, your customers have paid well over £140 for this useless piece of ****, the quality of product and service is simply not up to par.

Swiggles
Star
Star
Conplained to amazon yesterday, they are going to refund me $164.99 for it since I’m outside my return window. I’ve had the camera since April 2018 and after 6 months of not working after each update it’s going back!
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

When Amazon provide better support than the manufacturer 

picard-facepalm

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Months on from the complaint case with arlo, no contact and no fix.

Disgusting
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

so recieved an update today, well some letters in a mail....

essentially still broke, we know it use your cell data, really after months of issues for users Arlo deems this acceptable?

Case #: 40581912

Case Summary: Arlo Baby pixelation happens after update

Product: ABC1000

Update from Arlo:

Hi, Mark.

Good day!

While we are still waiting for the fix, you may use your cellular data as it works fine when using it.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for choosing Arlo and have a great day!

Regards,

Mark
Arlo Support

David30
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought two of these at Costco.

Using a Galaxy Tab T380 as a dedicated baby monitor, and using iPhone XR.

I am experiencing intermittent pixelation.

I agree that the issue almost goes away entirely if both phone and tablet are viewing simultaneously.

It also seems that the first camera in the multi view screen does it worse than the second, and when I reorder the cameras the other camera gets worse in the first position.

This clearly seems to not be an overnight fix, but figured I’d chime in as another hopeful user who really doesn’t want to return these, but will have no choice if it doesn’t stop.