Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
carotomas
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having trouble with my Arlo Baby, the picture 'glitches' up and it becomes impossible to see anything.

- I have the latest firmware (1.9.9.0_808)

- my tablet is connected to the same wifi network as the camera

- there are no other electronic devices near the camera that may cause interference

The liveview of this camera has had minor glitches since the first day I used it, pixelated blocks showing up on screen and the occasional pixelated bar, but now it's taking up the entire screen I'd like to find out if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening.

Is there any way to access some advanced settings perhaps?

Curiously the videos uploaded to my.arlo.com do not contain /any/ glitches or artefacts, I would very much like the liveview stream to be exactly like that.

This is what it looks like:

glitches.png

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey carotomas,

What Samsung tablet are you using? What Android OS version are you running on your tablet? Are you able to replicate this issue on a different device (such as your phone device)?

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app to see if that helps?

carotomas
Tutor
Tutor

My bad, I should have included that information in my first post.

The problem occurs on all devices we use to view the screen:

- Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T580 running Android 8.1.0

- Google Pixel 3 phone running Android 9

- Apple iPhone 8 running iOS 12.3.1

Reinstalling the Arlo app has no effect.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would say try testing by changing the video quality to see if that helps. You can read here on how to change the video quality: How do I change video resolution on my Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, or Arlo Baby to reduce bandwidth use?

carotomas
Tutor
Tutor

Changing the video quality has no effect on the glitches.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me gather some information from you through private message.

OwenRW
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JessicaP

I have the exact same problem with my Arlo Baby.

The videos recorded are crystal clear, but the live view is very glitchy.

Changing the video settings has no effect.

I have the same firmware version as noted above.

Could you help?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey OwenRW,

What phone device are you using? Is this happening on the web client on your computer as well?

Lochtie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have the same thing as described above. Regardless the device I used (either my Mate 10 pro, p10, tablet). Web is crystal clear. Note that I have a ticket open on this and despite several reminders, no one from Arlo ever cared to respond on this...
carotomas
Tutor
Tutor

Don't expect too much from phone support, all they are going to ask you to do is restart the device, lower the resolution and/or reconnect to wifi. Currently there is no real solution.

OwenRW
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JessicaP

I have an Essential PH-1.

This works fine on the web client, it works fine in-app for all other camera.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Lochtie,

Let me reach out to you via private message as you mentioned that you have a ticket opened with the support team.

OwenRW,

Since you're having problems with your Arlo Baby only through the Arlo app, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation