Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
UAWoody
Star
Star

Ever since the latest firmware update to work with Apple HomeKit, this camera is continually giving me issues. I have reset the camera twice now in 3 days and once again I open the app and it either says "Buffering" or "Camera Not Connected". The other 4 cameras on my system connect and stream fine. 

I spent 2 hours the other night on suport chat and recreated profiles in order to get the camera to show.

Please somebody listen to all the comments and work on updated code or allow users to roll back firmware on the device. This painful and babies' saftey is depending on this product to work.

136 REPLIES 136
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

UAWoody,

I'm relaying all feedback posted here directly to the engineering team. They are actively working hard toward a resolution for this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

jaydayclay
Star
Star
Does anyone else on iOS also have to force quit the app after each use otherwise it won’t stream audio? In addition to the camera rebooting frequently and having terrible image quality full of artifacts, the audio only works after a fresh launch of the app. I very much wish I was within my return period for this camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jaydayclay,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

ArloIoT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly the same issue, force quit seems to work - sometimes!

Very very annoying!
caseman1108
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having exact same issues with laggy, choppy, fragmented video. Sometimes restarting the camera helps for a short while. Spent hours thinking it’s me and it’s another classy firmware update by Netgear. Bought the Arli Baby on release so I understood growing pains, but it was working great for us until this update... grr
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ArloloT, caseman1108

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Hosh
Guide
Guide

1. Devices

- iPhone 8 v11.3

- iPhone 7 v11.3

- iPad 5th Gen. v11.3

2. Shortly after we start streaming the Arlo app says that the camera must be offline and to check to make sure it's connected to the internet

3. The above error typically appears within the first 15-20 minutes when we start streaming video and happens every day, multiple times each day.

deputydawg1998
Guide
Guide
I’m not sure if everyone is still having the same issues but I have Hi speed internet throughout my entire house and all other devices work just fine. Unfortunately since too much time has lapsed to return the Arlo Baby while waiting for the firmware fixes, I cannot return my $200.00 paper weight but I have had the opportunity to talk a few of my friends out of making the same mistake I did. I had heard nothing but great things about this product and I’m so very disappointed.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

deputydawg1998,

I will reach out to you in a private message with more information on this topic.

JamesC

jaydayclay
Star
Star
Has anyone successful received a refund? I’m done with this thing. They added me to the beta firmware program but forgot to give me permission to the forum specifically for that firmware, so I can’t actually provide feedback. The beta firmware is no better with regards to the pixelation and restarting. It has the added bonus of no longer storing or recording any video. It alerts but then there’s no video saved despite the monitoring rule being the same as always which is go record video when audio is detected.
TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ive given up on the whole refund from netgear. This camera has become worthless and all netgear does is tell me to reset and restart and wait for new firmware.
Ravex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another bug here... arlo baby and a tablet or a smartphone connect in same wifi network, after 5 minutes later the home icon (local streaming) dissapear and increase the video lag... if i power off arlo baby and then Power it on again, the home icon appears and video lag is reduced... but after a while.... home icon dissapear again.... and a i have lot of video lag again.... too bad this issue! How to resolve this bug? Any help? Sorry my english....

ChrisDuffin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Baby - Version 2.4.12.864_20432

1. Device used to stream Arlo Baby; Samsung Galaxy S9, Ipad 2, web access on PC/laptop

2. Issue that you are experiencing; Refuses to connect to home WIFI network, Camera drops offline, buffering during live stream when it does occasionally work, image freezing/lagging, audio working intermittently

3. Is the issue intermittent; been going on and offline regularly for a week, now wont connect for last 48 hours

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jaydayclay,

I've sent you a private message with information regarding access to the firmware board.

TwinCitiesJHawk, Ravex, ChrisDuffin

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

wayubi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I also have connectivity issues with the Arlo Baby Camera. I also regularly have to restart the Arlo Camera as well as enable/disable the Wifi on my Android device.

Can I also get access to the firmware board? Also is there an ETA for the next firmware to be released?

Thanks,

Waheed

Ravex
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still waiting for you private message James....
Thank you.
John143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have being having this issues before the update firmware and still have same issues after. Using andriod for all the apps. Also has anyone notice that when there is a connectivity issues the arlo baby is warmer then normal and when I look at the temp reading for the room on arlo baby it reads appox 10 degrees higher then the actual room temp. After power cycle the temp will return to normal. have two arlo baby both with same issue. This is a safety issues with arlo baby not working. why is it generating heat to affect temp reading on the monitor and goes away after power cycle.
Ravex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Rollin20 Tutor,
Where to find or how can i use that trial firmware for arlo baby camera?

Thanks
Rollin20
Tutor
Tutor
I posted on this forum like every other person and JamesC had selected me to be on it, then their engineers pushed the firmware to my Baby Arlo. He may contact you at posting this
Ravex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi again...
I'm Still waiting for his contact...
But thank you by the way...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ravex, wayubi, John143

I've reached out to you in a private message with more information on this topic.

Rollin20,

I'm relocating your feedback to the field trial firmware board so engineering will have better visibility. Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the board.

JamesC

Vinnie_Quek
Initiate
Initiate

hi James  we use an apple ipad and iphone 7 (IOS) all with the latest firmware updated, google pixel (andriod) & lenovo note pad. same behavior across devices.

also when will your LCD screen for the arlo baby be release?

TeamTES
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I just got my new Arlo Baby Camera today and have tried setting it up but it does not work. It also seems to be a connectivity issue as it fails to connect to my Wifi Network. Auto detection does not work and QR code procedure fails as well.

Wifi itself is working properly.

Can you help me? Can I upgrade the firmware over USB?

Device: iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11.3

lsparsons19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having to CONSTANTLY reconnect my camera. I have to sneak into my daughter's room at 0200 too many nights to power cycle my Arlo Baby. The really sad thing about this is being this is my replacement camera that I just received this month. I went without a baby camera for 10 DAYS and I still have the same issues. Someone needs to figure out what the heck is going on and release firmware that actually does what it is supposed too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TeamTES,

What process are you following to claim the Arlo Baby? Are you following these instructions: How do I set up my Arlo Baby camera?

What is the LED behavior on the Arlo Baby?

Isparsons19,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on the issues you've described.

JamesC