Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
pete_goldsmith
Tutor
Tutor

Hoping to get some advice on other options to try to get the Arlo Baby to discover.

Methods attempted so far (each time performing factory reset, and power down in-between):
- iPhone Setup (results in solid blue led, but fails discovery)
- Android / PC setup (connects to wifi via QR code for 2 seconds I can see the successful connection logs in my router, but then it disconnects and returns to flashing amber)
- I have tried various flavours of network setups to try and connect with (hotspots, simplified SSID, etc)

I know it can connect to my wifi, as setting up via HomeKit works, and I can see and use the camera via the Home app on all my devices, but HomeKit integration alone is not enough to update the device / control the LED.
I can see from HomeKit that the camera has Firmware 1.8.17209. 

Any suggestions greatly welcomed 🙏

9 REPLIES 9
pete_goldsmith
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible to perform firmware upgrade manually via USB?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi pete_goldsmith,

When you said that you were able to set up the Arlo Baby through HomeKit, did you set it up through the Home app? Or did you set it up using the Arlo app on your iPhone?

pete_goldsmith
Tutor
Tutor

When you said that you were able to set up the Arlo Baby through HomeKit, did you set it up through the Home app? 

I have only once successfuly conntected to the Arlo Baby via Homekit when performing setup via the Home app. I have never been able to successfully contect to the arlo baby via Arlo app.

When using the Arlo app, 7 out of 10 times the Arlo baby successfully connects to the wifi (solid blue light), but then is never found during the 'detecting/discovery' phase. 
Similar occurs when setting up via the Home app, the Arlo baby is picked up via the Home app, and begins sharing wifi credentials, then the ARlo baby light goes solid blue, and then... nothing, the Home app fails to complete adding the accessory.
Multiple factory resets, multiple wifi setups attempted.

Once the Arlo Baby connects to wifi (solid blue light), what is it doing to 'phone home'? 

pete_goldsmith
Tutor
Tutor
We returned the Arlo Baby yesterday.
Such an amazing piece of hardware, let down by terrible software.

I’m sure Arlo has learned from these mistakes.
JerChe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the exact same issue, I own 2 units, one is 3 years old and has the latest firmware and no issues but we jsut bought a brand new unit in July which is preloaded with the older firmware (1.8.1729)and have yet to set it up on the arlo app. I have managed to connect to the HomeKit on my iphone but it is missing a lot of features the arlo app offers.

I've spent 2 hours with the chat support but they don't seem to be able to assist. We have been over the basic setup over and over again.

this is extremely frustrating

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JerChe,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

chefslim99
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my arlo app keeps not connecting to my two arlo cameras but connects every time through HomeKit. Try it if your having problems. Homekit only allows one camera connection at a time though. But this is obviously something wrong with their app as apples homekit works. This isn’t rocket science here, arlo fix your software! I tried multiple devices with their app and same issue. Also seems to be more of an issue at night probably when more people are using it. I’m guessing their app connects to arlo.com first where Apple homekit connects directly to camera. Sounds like arlo.com network is getting bogged down or just has issues. You should hide Apple engineers as they seem to have a better way...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi chefslim99,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helped? Also try testing through cellular data and/or WiFi to see if persists on both or not. Is this also happening if you try checking the web client on your computer?

JerChe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

i have the exact same issue. I’ve had an arlo baby for a few years now that works perfectly but I purchased a new unit this year and have not been able to set it up in the Arlo App.

i returned the “defective” unit to Arlo and just received my replacement unit, I am facing the exact same issues with the replacement unit. I do the setup using the arlo app on my iPhone but keep getting a “No Arlo devices found.” message. I did the factory reset, delete the app, used an android device, used a laptop, tried on a different router, etc. And still no success when using the Arlo App.

When i set it up using apple Home it works fine but I don’t have all the functionalities. 

This is is extremely frustrating. 

Browsing through the forum it seems to be common problem. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation