Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HannahS
Aspirant
Aspirant
The buttons for Arlo Baby do not work on the Android app, the light button is greyed out and the music button is just blank. Both buttons work on the ios app so why does the Android app not work? It makes the monitor fairly useless for anything more than a camera. Running Android v.11 and there are no updates to the app available in the play store. Does Android app actually work for anyone?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

HannahS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, tried that but the buttons are the same.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi HannahS,

Have you tried checking to see if it works when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data? Could you provide two screenshots from both your Android device and your iOS device?

hmurphy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had the same issue for months now. I've reinstalled the app and restarted my phone. I've tried WiFi and cellular data. Nothing works. See screenshot.
You'll notice there's an orange dot next to my settings button, but it doesn't lead me to any setting that I need to look at.
My wife's phone still works fine though.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hmurphy,

From looking at your screenshot, are you the main account holder or the grant access holder? If you're the grant access holder, make sure that the main account holder gives you "Allow Access Rights" enabled for your account. You can read here to learn how to enable it: How do I edit my friend's privileges in my Arlo account?

hmurphy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news is that the problem is solved. My wife is the main account holder and my phone was already granted access rights. I got her to turn it off, close the app, reopen the app and then turn on my access rights again and that fixed it. I can now check what temperature the room is etc.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation