Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

So abandoned the use of this as a baby monitor due to the pixelation problem and the atrocious support from arlo, decided I would setup at home while I'm on holiday, changed video mode from 480-720 and has been connecting for the last 8 hours. No restart option, tried all consoles & camera just says its busy and I have to wait. Away from home so cant reset, how on earth do you pass this rubbish off as either monitors or security.

My support cases have been forgotten about and after care from arlo is a joke. Do something more useful with your money like shred it rather than buy an arlo product is my advice.

£30 fredi cam hands down has outperformed this in reliability and quality.

7 REPLIES 7
markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice

Once more no response from arlo.. silence speaks volumes

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @markprior

Do you still have this arlo Baby, so we can try and remedy the issue?

What exactly is the issue with the camera? You mention it is stuck displaying a busy message? 

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Current issue is that I am now away from home and when changing the resolution the camera says busy or connecting, sensors are still working but no picture.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @markprior

If you would like to try it, You do have the option to remotely restart the camera. 

To do this you will have to perform the following - Settings > My devices > Select The Baby > Restart

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks have tried this and get "your camera is busy and you must wait until it has completed operation" or something along those lines when doing on pc, phone app just says failed or is just greyed out
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @markprior

I apologize for the inconvenience,  We may need to pull the plug on the camera to help reboot it. I know you are remote as of now & I personally wish there was another way as well. I will be here to assist you when you are able to physically reboot the device. 

markprior
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the response but I think first thing I will do when I return is throw it in the bin, its not reliable and the picture on live feed is beyond rubbish.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation