Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where can I purchase a replacement USB cable and adapter for the Arlo Baby?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
thomaspatrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where can I purchase a replacement USB cable and adapter for the Arlo Baby? On the FAQ, it’s states to “only use the supplied adapter”, but there is no power cord/adapter accessories for sale. Even if I wanted to gamble with an Arlo Pro adapter that seem compatible, those are out of stock everywhere (presumably discontinued??). Why?

The specifications do not list a USB type or specifics. If Netgear is so negligent to not even offer a replacement adapter for sale, what can I use to power this safety?

I tried searching this community to see if anyone had the same question, but the search is completely useless and does not accept quotations to narrow searches. Furthermore, Arlo Baby is also not even listed as a model when posting in the community. The support is so scattered and lacking, that you’d think this product has been discontinued. Why is this product even still for sale?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the specs on the existing charger and use one with similar specs. To get a replacement, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

thomaspatrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I already tried that (see the attached photo). Afterwards I tried the chat, but after two tries in a row of sitting at a hold message in a row—totaling 40 minutes—I gave up. This entire process has been frustrating to say the least. Why not just list the power adapter as an optional $15 accessory?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Baby handy - what are the specs of the Arlo charger?

thomaspatrick
Aspirant
Aspirant
Input 100-240V 50-60Hz 0.3A
Output 5.0V 2.0A

Looks like micro or mini USB of some sort, but I guess I can’t know for sure—I checked Netgear’s white paper for all of these details, but none of it is listed. Seems a little absurd.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Standard microUSB connector.

thomaspatrick
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. So not standard mini A, standard mini B, or standard micro A; but probably standard micro B. With no option to purchase a replacement, I think most customers would be appreciative if Netgear simply listed the USB cable and power adapter specs in the product specifications.

The FAQ even states to only use what came with the Arlo Baby: https://bit.ly/2UOBfv6

...how am I expected to do so when the USB cable and power adapter are not offered for sale? We’re left guessing with no product options and support with seemingly no one on the other end.

I guess I will try submitting a ticket again?
AbramLR
Initiate
Initiate

Sadly, Netgear sucks.  They put out a halfway-decent product, but they don't care about customer support or retention. 

I had the exact same question… what charging wire should I get for my Arlo Bunny after it broke (one month out of warranty)? 

I just ordered "AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to Micro B Charger Cable, 6 feet, Black" based solely on the kindness of strangers. 

Hopefully someone at Netgear will read this and give an official answer.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation