I can still access the camera feed by clicking on it and leaving the feed does not trigger a refresh.
I have also tried removing the camera completely from my HomeKit and resetting it.
This is undoubtedly a bug introduced with iOS / tvOS 14. Many other users report the same, myself included:
Im certain the firmware needs to be updated for compatibility. Thanks for your help.
Thank you for all your feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the Homekit snapshot not updating. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.
I gave up! I am completely done with this system! Homekit snapshots not working, Apple Watch snapshots not working. My wife watching our sleeping baby through the Apple TV while cooking and realizing the video frame has stuck and the little one is standing right behind her. I mean how is this even possible? This stuff is USELESS. We moved to Aqara G2H Homekit cameras which are 1/4 of the price and everything is working flawless since day one, even without Aqara App. No delays, snapshots on time, iCloud recording, sensors, etc... Never again!!!
I did submit a support ticket and after some back and forth they closed my case as I failed to respond in time to my ticket (trying to track down proof of purchase with the retailer I purchased from).
To assist anyone else, here are some bits and pieces you may be asked if you attempt to obtain support:
- What is the Serial Number of the Baby?
- What is your Phone number?
- Was this working before?
- When and where the product purchased?
- Can you please send us a copy of your proof of purchase?
- What is your shipping address (PO box is not accepted)?
- When the issue started?
- Have you tried logging out and log back in using the HomeKit App?
- Have you tried uninstalling the HomeKit app and reinstall it?
- Have you tried using a different device?
- What is the firmware version of your HomeKit app?
- Have you tried turning off and turn the camera on?
- Have you tried starting your phone?
I would suggest that if you do not attempt their requests you may have some trouble progressing with support.
Regardless, as others have suggested, this is simply a firmware issue that Arlo have failed to address.
Good luck all.