Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
kylewallace
Star
Star
Hi all, up until one of the most recent iOS updates for iPhone (maybe the last one or two) my Arlo Baby camera, which is connected to HomeKit, was “refreshing” (making a snapshot) every six or so seconds, whatever the setting is. I have 3 ultras connected and they are still doing their regular 10 second “refresh” but the baby camera is no longer doing it.

I can still access the camera feed by clicking on it and leaving the feed does not trigger a refresh.

I have also tried removing the camera completely from my HomeKit and resetting it.

Any tips?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We have released an update that should address this issue with HomeKit Snapshots failing to update. Please make sure you have the latest version Installed. 1.10.0.0_923_488774b.

You can find more info on this Firmware update here: Arlo Baby ABC1000 Release Notes

Note: Arlo Baby cameras will auto update over night, if you have not received the update already.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

mooner
Guide
Guide

This is undoubtedly a bug introduced with iOS / tvOS 14. Many other users report the same, myself included:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/iuui1y/camera_thumbnail_preview_ios_14_not_refreshing/

Im certain the firmware needs to be updated for compatibility. Thanks for your help.

kylewallace
Star
Star
Thanks, that puts me at ease that I’m not alone. Don’t see the point in speaking to support as they will probably just do the usual “troubleshooting” which will not result in a solution.
tomx101
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, same issue happening since iOS14 update on two of my Arlo Baby cameras. Thumbnail in HomeKit will only refresh when I open the camera stream. Otherwise, it's the same thumbnail stuck there for days. Everything works fine on devices that have not updated to iOS14. It is very likely a firmware bug. Arlo, when can we expect a fix?
R0dr1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! Same problem here.....
Sch_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same situation  here. No snapshots since upgrading to iOS 14. Even a 50€ G2H camera is doing this without any problem!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with the Homekit snapshot not updating. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Sch_
Aspirant
Aspirant

alewcock
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here. Why is this taking so long to fix? My baby is not getting any younger.
dbpcz
Initiate
Initiate

I gave up! I am completely done with this system! Homekit snapshots not working, Apple Watch snapshots not working. My wife watching our sleeping baby through the Apple TV while cooking and realizing the video frame has stuck and the little one is standing right behind her. I mean how is this even possible? This stuff is USELESS. We moved to Aqara G2H Homekit cameras which are 1/4 of the price and everything is working flawless since day one, even without Aqara App. No delays, snapshots on time, iCloud recording, sensors, etc... Never again!!!

kylewallace
Star
Star
Just providing an update on my issue. At this stage nothing has changed or been fixed (to my knowledge) and HomeKit is still not working correctly with the baby camera. My Ultras are doing just fine.

I did submit a support ticket and after some back and forth they closed my case as I failed to respond in time to my ticket (trying to track down proof of purchase with the retailer I purchased from).

To assist anyone else, here are some bits and pieces you may be asked if you attempt to obtain support:

- What is the Serial Number of the Baby?
- What is your Phone number?
- Was this working before?
- When and where the product purchased?
- Can you please send us a copy of your proof of purchase?
- What is your shipping address (PO box is not accepted)?
- When the issue started?
- Have you tried logging out and log back in using the HomeKit App?
- Have you tried uninstalling the HomeKit app and reinstall it?
- Have you tried using a different device?
- What is the firmware version of your HomeKit app?
- Have you tried turning off and turn the camera on?
- Have you tried starting your phone?

I would suggest that if you do not attempt their requests you may have some trouble progressing with support.

Regardless, as others have suggested, this is simply a firmware issue that Arlo have failed to address.

Good luck all.
mooner
Guide
Guide
I assume this is just low priority for them but if we continue to pester I’m hopeful they will take action.

@Arlo We’re still eagerly waiting!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community, 

The Arlo team has identified the issue & a fix will be coming soon. Thank you for your patience.

PortlandME
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on this fix?  Very frustrating to not be able to have a current view in HomeKit.

dirceuguerra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any news about it? This bug is really annoying. I do really hope we have a new update soon.
PortlandME
Tutor
Tutor
Another month goes by with absolutely no update or word from Arlo support. I think it’s time for me to move on to another product...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PortlandME

The development team has found the issue & a fix will be coming soon. I will provide another update here as soon as possible.

brianosaurus69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates on this? It has been broken for months, and almost 2 months since ShayneS said the development team has found the bug.

xxi
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 more months with no update.... is there any hope that a fix is coming here?

R0dr1
Aspirant
Aspirant

it is embarrassing, it is more than 3 months that they say "it will be fixed" ... it is a trivial bug.
@Arlo If you give me the source code I can fix the bug

PortlandME
Tutor
Tutor
It really is pathetic. I’m done with Arlo for good.
mooner
Guide
Guide

Wow, did this finally get solved?! One of my cameras is on firmware 1.10.0.0_923_488774b and the snapshots actually work again, yay.  The other one is on 1.9.15.0_817 and doesnt update (it also doesnt show any available firmware updated, hmm).

Took too long IMHO but still glad to see it, maybe the update is still rolling out?

mooner
Guide
Guide

Ps. One thing, looks like the snapshots are not scaling correctly, as in they look squished horizontally on my iPhone, thanks for your help 😃

alewcock
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a way to force an update to 1.10?