Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Oct 31st, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Re: Arlo Baby - HomeKit Snapshots

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all, up until one of the most recent iOS updates for iPhone (maybe the last one or two) my Arlo Baby camera, which is connected to HomeKit, was “refreshing” (making a snapshot) every six or so seconds, whatever the setting is. I have 3 ultras connected and they are still doing their regular 10 second “refresh” but the baby camera is no longer doing it.

I can still access the camera feed by clicking on it and leaving the feed does not trigger a refresh.

I have also tried removing the camera completely from my HomeKit and resetting it.

Any tips?
Model: ABC1000 | Arlo Baby
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

This is undoubtedly a bug introduced with iOS / tvOS 14. Many other users report the same, myself included:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/iuui1y/camera_thumbnail_preview_ios_14_not_refreshing/

Im certain the firmware needs to be updated for compatibility. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, that puts me at ease that I’m not alone. Don’t see the point in speaking to support as they will probably just do the usual “troubleshooting” which will not result in a solution.
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, same issue happening since iOS14 update on two of my Arlo Baby cameras. Thumbnail in HomeKit will only refresh when I open the camera stream. Otherwise, it's the same thumbnail stuck there for days. Everything works fine on devices that have not updated to iOS14. It is very likely a firmware bug. Arlo, when can we expect a fix?
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation