Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jorro
Star
Star

Tried to pair Chime with Smart hub after all the most recent updates. No luck. Tried at least 10 times. Chime was recognized once but paired Doorbell was not able to trigger it to play the signal. So I removed the he Chime, reset it and tried again and again. Was not successful. Tried to pair it to Arlo Pro 2 hub - happened right away. Removed it, reset it and tried again pairing with Ultra Smart hub. Could not do it. 5 times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jorro
Star
Star
It was bad Chime. I received a replacement yesterday and the new Chime connected to Smart hub immediately with no problems and so far works fine.

Of course I still have the issue with the paired to Doorbell camera not showing image (it’s all grey) when someone rings the Doorbell and I accept the call on my phone. Use to work 4 months ago. Hopefully it’s going to be fixed soon.

Thank you for all the help!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Jorro,

At what step does your Arlo Chime fail when trying to pair it to your SmartHub? It might be that you have not removed your Arlo Chime from your Arlo Pro Base Station.

Jorro
Star
Star
The Chime and Doorbell were paired with my Arlo Pro 2 Hub. After the last Saturday's firmware update I removed them from Arlo Pro 2 hub and then tried to pair them with the Smarthub. The Doorbell paired right away. The Chime could not. It paired easily and immediately with Arlo Pro 2 hub, but not with Smarthub. I did reset the Chime a few times (10 second press on sync button) which did not help.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you try to pair your Arlo Chime with the Arlo SmartHub, does it list your Arlo Chime? Or does it not show at all?

Jorro
Star
Star
Hi Jessica! I called Arlo customer service and I was told that the Smarthub is still not ready to be paired with Doorbell and Chime. It actually paired with Doorbell in my case, but I was told it would not have full functionality. As for the Chime - Smarthub could not pair with it at all.
I ended up pairing them both back with Arlo Pro 2 hub. Waiting for the next Smarthub firmware.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can vouch for the chime pairing with the Ultra base. How were you trying to do this? The last firmware update this past weekend enabled it.

Jorro
Star
Star
Initially I tried through the app. No success. Then I called Customer service and followed directions of a nice lady on the phone. We tried manually (sync buttons on both Smarthub and Chime), using the app, resetting the Chime, power cycling the Smarthub, deleting and reinstalling the app and so on. Finally she called another level of technical support or something like that and came back with the information from them that Smarthub still doesn't fully support Doorbell and Chime.
Jorro
Star
Star

How did you do it? 

I have all the most recent updates and tried about 20 times. Doorbell paired immediately, but was told - no full functionality.

Chime - not at all with Ultra hub. (Chime pairs immediately with arlo pro hub - no problems)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My chime synced immediately. I had to remove it from my Pro base, unplug it and plug it back in. I've done it a couple of time - one time I may have had to use the sync button on the chime - I forget for sure.

Jorro
Star
Star
Thank you!
Well, I have no idea why I have had all the problems and it is still not working for me.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to let you know, the Arlo SmartHub fully supports Doorbell and Chime. I have sent you a private message to gather some information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jorro
Star
Star
Well my Chime definitely cannot pair with Smarthub and if Smarthub is now definitely working with both Doorbell and Chime, then I definitely have a bad Chime who works with Pro2 hub but not with Smarthub.
So, what should I do ? I need a Chime replacement.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, what firmware is on your Ultra base? You need the latest to have the doorbell and chime to work. Mine is on 1.12.1.6_32471 which works fine.

If it's really bad hardware, either swap at the store or open a case with support since that's the only way to invoke your warranty:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jorro
Star
Star
The same very last update you are on.
It didn't work. I am currently working with an Arlo representative and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Thank you for your input on my case!
Jorro
Star
Star
It was bad Chime. I received a replacement yesterday and the new Chime connected to Smart hub immediately with no problems and so far works fine.

Of course I still have the issue with the paired to Doorbell camera not showing image (it’s all grey) when someone rings the Doorbell and I accept the call on my phone. Use to work 4 months ago. Hopefully it’s going to be fixed soon.

Thank you for all the help!
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation